Author: aki1

Tramp died from freezing weather   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-16 15:43:38 |Display all floors
Beggars dying in the street is reminiscent of pre-1949 China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 19:45:23 |Display all floors
dear man ,they are so cold. goverment should do something.
i am going to humen dongguan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 20:00:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by heis at 2011-12-16 20:01

I think it's not rare,though not often, to spot scenes of this kind in China as well as in other countries,including the US. It happens when you  are unaware of them. The difference lies in the number and whether we have taken some measures to reduce the number.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 22:15:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by fredius at 2011-12-16 22:23

Unfortunately, it happens everywhere...
When too many homeless 'haunt' the streets, nobody notice them anymore. When people struggle with their own problems, compassion rarely come first.
People who are homeless form a part of the cityscape and are aften ignored, even anywhere near an hospital.
Who could actualy make the difference between a dead body and a sleepy or drunk needy person lying in a sleeping bag when it's minus 20˚c?
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 06:47:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-12-16 18:28
You seem to have a   l o o o n g   memory...

Younger readers might remember nightmarish scenes s ...

If you read history, you too can have memories stretching beyond a hundred years

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 10:09:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2011-12-17 10:11

You don't need to be homeless to freeze to death.

I recently visited a small town in Shandong province and the town leader told me that every year in winter no less than a dozen drunk men are found dead after a night out drinking; they fail to find their homes or simply they just sit drunk on the sidewalk!,
Actually, he said,  it is common practice to call the police when the husband and/or son hasn't arrived home at a certain hour of the night!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.