Author: cindy1225

[Others] Chinese Fisherman Kills South Korean Coast Guardsman   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-16 23:02:40 |Display all floors
all i can say at this point is that the chinese have to stop bein like chimpanzees
Do not unto others what you would not have them do unto you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 06:17:41 |Display all floors
if a fisherman can kill a coast guard that easily, s. korea really needs help. i guess thats why theres a us base in s. korea. i hope the issue intensifies because chinese really need to see s. koreans are no different from japanese. they pretend to be friendly to make money but really want you to fail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 06:30:36 |Display all floors
Obviously China does not care about "Good Neighborhood".

This cannot be seen anymore as an isolated incident. Similar incident happened
in short sequence with Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 14:41:00 |Display all floors
shokenchi Post time: 2011-12-17 06:17
if a fisherman can kill a coast guard that easily, s. korea really needs help. i guess thats why the ...

The Koreans probably were not armed and the Chinese were prepared for confrontation.  S. Koreans are now demanding use of weapons against Chinese fishermen who enter their waters illegally.  This could set off an Asian alliance against China.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-12-17 15:17:33 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2011-12-17 15:41
The Koreans probably were not armed and the Chinese were prepared for confrontation.  S. Koreans a ...
  1. This could set off an Asian alliance against China.
Copy code
Ms. Rong,

Your comment is more WRONG than correct.

I had the pleasure, no, more displeasure,  about an hour ago to walk on the pedestrian way next to the RoK cultural institute, which is a high rise building directly under the aministration of the RoK embassy. Hundreds of right wing protesters (I call them neo fascists) stood at a distance of approx. 50m on two sides, used their megaphones and shouted anti Korean slogans. It was hard to pass because the police was also there in force and partially blocked pedestrians. The reason for this outburst is the visit of SK's president who arrived in Tokyo today.

As long as animosity does exist there will be no peace and an East Asian alliance against China is just your wishful thinking. Btw, similar expressions of sheer "love" are also well known from 'gatherings' in Seoul. So it's a matter of mutual "love".

As I said before in this thread, it is time to turn the page re. fishing incident. There is nothing more to see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 15:36:09 |Display all floors
stinkysocks Post time: 2011-12-17 06:30
Obviously China does not care about "Good Neighborhood".

This cannot be seen anymore as an isolated ...

One Chinese fisherman is not China don't be silly , China can't control every fisherman acts and movements.

It is one of those things , accident.

not big deal , hardly news.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 16:25:46 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2011-12-17 15:17
Ms. Rong,

Your comment is more WRONG than correct.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and wishing for peaceful coexistence between Asian nations,  but after reading opinion pages of various S.Korean and  Japanese websites, there' s more expressions of
animosity than love toward China.  For the families of those killed in the incident, it won't be easy to 'turn the page' .

As for those right wing protesters at the Chinese embassy, news photos showed pics of them burning the Chinese flag and waving 'bad China" signs.   

"There's nothing more to see" is likely what Qing officials said before their decaying empire was attacked by foreign armies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.