Author: voice_cd

Man kills woman in brutal attack while people look on...   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-8 21:19:46 |Display all floors
I'm curious of one thing.....

Do parents in china see value in having their children learn self-defense?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 21:31:32 |Display all floors
#24 & #25
You maybe would. I wouldn't, it could probably only make the things worst, for me. I am not trained and I doubt I could face a person in a rampage state with a knife. I would though try to throw something at him or call the police.
As for your second statement, yes, many get trained in China in some type or other of martial arts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 21:40:04 |Display all floors

Well I don't know how you could of made it worse, the woman was killed right?

Just yelling and drawing public attention could be enough to stop a guy like this, I doubt he would have the courage to face a whole crowd.  The coward attacked a woman, keep that in mind.

Back in the 80's the prevailing thought for rape defense was no defense - thinking that you could get more seriously injured or killed for fighting. All that thinking did was to make it easier on the attacker.

Screw all that.  You have to fight.  You have to make noise.  You have to do some kind of action.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-9 02:28:49 |Display all floors
Maybe the lady is too weak to fight back, should let her be armed with a pistol?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-9 02:49:20 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2011-12-7 12:14
What is quite suprising is that in those 5 minutes, the police are nowhere to be seen, and it looks  ...

I thought in a country with death penalty such things cannot happen, because of deterrence?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-9 08:01:14 |Display all floors
stinkysocks Post time: 2011-12-9 02:49
I thought in a country with death penalty such things cannot happen, because of deterrence?

Nutters and criminals exist in countries with and without the death penalty.

In my country, Spain, there is no death penalty and some 50 to 60 women get killed every year by their spouses and/or relatives.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-9 08:53:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2011-12-9 08:55
cloudd Post time: 2011-12-9 02:28
Maybe the lady is too weak to fight back, should let her be armed with a pistol?

The turmoil would come, if mainland Chinese can buy guns (Pistols) as easily as what in U.S.A.
It is the common sense of we Chinese.

Why?

Is our society really harmonious?

Were people around us forced by power abuse of many leaders to be harmonized in the past few years?  
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.