Author: travellinglight

[US] Bubble of American Dream broke:Have-nots in the U.S.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-2 22:05:07 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2011-12-2 13:14
in aus the basic rate is $228 per week per single person, more than 21 years old, with no children.

In addition, recipents also receive concession on utilities, public transport, council rate, rent assistance, free medical (bulk bill)…………..   
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 23:51:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-4 01:04:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2011-12-4 01:43
magnetic1974 Post time: 2011-12-3 23:51
Le beast tries so hards to covers up the bad side for his western countrires cousin. Chinese and Asi ...

only welfare canceled in the US was the AFDC Programm in 1996, which in turn was replaced by other programms by the states, funded for by the US Federal Program.
All in all a US havenot that does not actively refuse state and federal welfare is still better off than average Chinese middle class, lower middle class, and not to talk about Chinese Havenots, of which there are in fact many. That is to say, someone who really does not have anything, is even excluded from almost all public services in China.
you mention above all you can get is $200 food stamp per month not per week dumby and after that you on your own.

If you make your own food from Scratch, $200 per month and capita is actually pretty good money.
Someone who is out of Work should have enough time to do that instead of eating expensive pre-made meals.
For a Diet made from expensive Pre-cooked Microwave, instant and Oven Meals + Snacks 200$ per month and person is hardly enough of course, but that's not the responsibility of those earning the tax revenue to pay for benefits.
I've spent a total of slightly more than 150Euro last Month for Food for myself, and I ate well - only I did not eat unhealthy expensive snacks, and used semi processed ingridents at best for my own cooking.
The official Poverty limit in China has just been raised from aprox. 50 US cent to 1$ though,
the international definition for absolute Poverty is 1.25$

A bigger share is housing, and affordable public housing is available to needy US Citizens,
and even not so needy any more may stay in them, have to pay some rent then though supporting the programm to some little degree that supported them.
providing them is state and local responsibility though.
China too has some fancy so called public housing projects.
The Apartments are SOLD though, at a heavily discounted price to those chosen by officials to entitlement.
Even discounted, where does a Have-Not take the money for that from, if he doesn't have any.
He would not even be allowed to apply as for access to local public services you need local Hukou.
How you get independent Hukou certificate without being gouvernment employee?
Well, you need to have a Housing Property for one.

I can tell you what a homeless in central are entitled to pick up at the local council every day.
10 Euro.
10 Euro for daily expenses is something I could do with rather well during studies.

Then you say no medical provision.
That is really the case in China,
but how is it really in the US?
Aside from Medicaid program, Emergency Room Treatment is free in the US, if you can't pay it.
Also treatment in many welfare hospitals.
Now try getting accepted into a Chinese Emergency Room without any Money or Guarantee.
I challenge you.

The only argument standing in your post is personal attacks with swear offensive language that has not been used on you.
More Details to follow in this Post.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-4 13:21:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 09:30:07 |Display all floors
I am sorry not to have attached the sources at the end. Thanks for the notice:) The original source is from club.sohu.com. just as implied at the corner of each picture, and I translated them and posted here. I will definitely pay attention to that. Thanks again:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-11 02:57:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ronny at 2011-12-11 05:02
magnetic1974 Post time: 2011-12-4 01:51
Le beast tries so hards to covers up the bad side for his western countrires cousin. Chinese and Asi ...

Well, he was probably just trying to give you an idea, he may not have had the numbers for the USA, in Australia we are often touted as being to good to our unemployed, but it's better to give the poor too much than not enough. ( many will disagree) Things are better in Australia than the USA and have been for a long time..... generally speaking.
And though we complain about our government ...... a lot, I would not swap it for a US model if you doubled my wages.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-11 03:24:00 |Display all floors
in the west and elsewhere, we did not always have great conditions for living and or working, in fact real improvements are comparatively recent depending on what yard stick you want to use. the common people had to strive for changes for a long time, the rich/elite/Etc. did not want to share wealth at any time and still don't ( OK some few do) and that is why deregulation is not, never was and never will be a good idea, trusting your economic well being to such people as the "1%"is ludicrous. Democracy does not exist, sure we vote for one party or the other, but that's it, after that the real games begin and we are not invited.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.