Chinese version of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson came out in China on almost same day as the English version.
So why is Steve Jobs so popular in China?
some surprising findings in the book :
- Steve don't have a house maid, dont have security guards for his house and family.
- Steve draws a very small salary from Apple, from 1996 to 1998 his salary is $ 2.50.
- His wealth is said to be $ 6 billion, of which $ 4 billion is in Disney shares.
- His life long hero is Bob Dylan., lives in a modest house with little furniture and drives a Mercedes.
- Steve is a vegetarian from the age of 20 , eating only the best and highest quality organic foods. , yet he dies young.
- He is so into alternative medicine that he refused surgery in favor of alternative treatment, some thing he regretted at the end of his life.
- He is a Zen Buddhist, a hippie when young. And says taking drugs/ acid is the best thing he has tried.
- He is a revolutionary, a reformer. Anti authority, no queen bee can control him.
He is a revolutionary, a reformer. Anti authority, no queen bee can control him.
I beg you pardon ? Are you talking about the same Steve Jobs that tried to force a uniform on his employees so they would all look alike ? If anything Steve Jobs was IN the system and wanted to be the queen bee you love so much. He wasn't against authority as long as he had the authority.
MisterPanda Post time: 2011-11-23 13:31
I beg you pardon ? Are you talking about the same Steve Jobs that tried to force a uniform on his ...
You want to learn what is good CEO, what is good values, what is excellence, get your self a copy of Steve Jobs, by Isaacson.
with good values, good taste, good morals, one should not be humble about enforcing discipline. A Zen master knows about contradictions. Not afraid of contradictions, just afraid the taste and morals is not high enough.
No other CEO spends as much time on products and product development as Steve Jobs. To preside over a company where quality of products is every thing. No other CEO spends as much time on visionary things as on the details of every product. In the world of Wall Street and lawyer CEOs, no other CEO is as engaged in the art and humanities , the feel , the look, the packaging of every product. , where art and technology interface. In search of excellence.