Views: 3941|Replies: 23

Ai weiwei, a political clown [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-11 15:30:08 |Display all floors
Recently on Weibo.com, Ai weiwei openly asked to "borrow” money from public to pay off his tax evasion, and more than “10 thousand people” were allegedly to respond and donate more than millions of Yuan. Ai claimed it's definitely a morale booster, in my eyes, the campaign is nothing but a public stunt.

Ai Weiwei is a billionaire, there have been reports on this. On Nov 2008, he told the Chosun Ilbo, South Korea's largest mass circulation newspaper, “Up to now, I’ve made fortune of 200 millioin Yuan.” Meanwhile, as Western media reported, Ai purchased an upscale apartment in Berlin last year, and had planned to buy a 4,800-square-meter studio this year also in Berlin. Does he need to borrow money to pay off his tax bill?

As an internationally acclaimed political activist and artist, apart from cursing the government, what has he ever done for the disadvantaged? Has he ever  financed them to sue or given them any other kind of economic support?
Ai was known for investigating on student casualties on Wenchuan earthquake, but did he donate a cent for the poor children? Has it crossed to his mind to build a solid Hope primary school for them ? What he really care is how to publicize himself.

As we all know, being an artist, no matter how talented you are, if people don’t know you, you’re nothing, not to mention social status and incomes. Publicity is the key to success. Actually, in his early years in US, Ai started joining street demonstrations and soon discovered a shortcut to success – “Art plus Politics”.

So, in order to test if his popularity was still there, he came up this trick. after all it will surely attract attentions. What an expert!

Pathetically, those who donated don’t know they have been fooled and taken advantage of. It’s understandable that they have good political appeals, but it’s too bad if they are blinded.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-11-11 16:21:05 |Display all floors

Hi waiboshu ..........

Thank you for the post ........

Very interesting information .....

I hope you do not mind but I have copied your post to:

This section: China Watch >> Rogues Gallery (thread) ..........

We are already discussing AWW here and maybe you would like to read the posts there if you have not already done so.

Your copied post will probably be in the filter for a while  ........

Cheers  ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 17:05:07 |Display all floors
Most of the western meida extoled Ai to the sky, in their eyes, anyone who hate Chinese government is  a hero.

West meida and Chinese dissidents, matched couple,

Check out what the so-called activist really want, why  the western media beat the drum for him.

[ Last edited by waiboshu at 2011-11-11 05:08 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 17:17:56 |Display all floors
and ai wei wei, you are the clown manager? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-11-11 17:20:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by waiboshu at 2011-11-11 17:05
Most of the western meida extoled Ai to the sky, in their eyes, anyone who hate Chinese government is  a hero.
West meida and Chinese dissidents, matched couple,
Check out what the so-called ...

I did notice whilst looking at this topic ...........

The plethora of media articles and coverage is truly amazing .........

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-11-11 17:28:00 |Display all floors
He' s smart, isn't he? He can make loads of money by talking. How great is that hhaahahah

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-11-11 17:29:01 |Display all floors
But indeed I think he is hypocrite

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.