Author: voice_cd

Say no to indifference and relay our love to others [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-26 16:35:15 |Display all floors
It's a good initiative.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 16:40:58 |Display all floors
Say no to indifference and relay our love to others 0   It is with great sadness that we acknowledge the passing of little Yue Yue We hope that she has found a peaceful and safe paradise wherever her soul may be, and send our condolences to her family.  As well as relaying our condolences, it is important to recognize the lesson in this sad occasion. We need to act now to transmit love to one another, and rid ourselves of feelings of indifference towards others in society. Let's join together in this campaign to ensure that we may all live life in peace knowing that we live in a caring and safe society.  Perhaps this will enable people to live as one......  Forward the photo below to show that you are willing to transfer your love to strangers, relatives, people you love, and even those you don’t.

This reads an awful lot like you want to make people in this forum become Christians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 16:45:29 |Display all floors
this thread made my day
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 19:12:58 |Display all floors
If only this sad story could help to start an introspective process in China.
More kindness, civility, respect.
I was shocked by such lack of humanity with the only excuse of few stupid verdicts in the past. Is the fear that strong? Or is it just a lack of humanity?
Not a single phone call to the police by several passers-by!
I'm so glad to see a very touching response from most of the netizens.
Then, this morning on the road, the general bad behaviour was the same than before...
The only solution is to give people a sense of responsibility and make indiffirence a shame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 19:14:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mangecoeurs at 2011-10-26 19:12
If only this sad story could help to start an introspective process in China.
More kindness, civility, respect.
I was shocked by such lack of humanity with the only excuse of few stupid verdicts  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 21:54:55 |Display all floors

How indifferent:

Pride could be [possible cause of indifference for it is part of APE, acronym :anger,pride and envy, the attitudes in most of us if not all, the possible root of human conflicts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-27 05:06:03 |Display all floors

Nice laudable sentiment but....

...isn't this putting the horse before the cart?

An excellent article that touches on the public's indifference is "Controversial verdict has damaged society" by Liu Shinan, CD, 2011-09-07. Liu describes why people don't help.

"In 2006, Peng Yu, a young resident of Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province, helped an old woman who had fallen. She later accused him of causing her fall. The court decided in favor of the plaintiff, based on the reasoning that Peng would not have helped the woman up "if he had not had caused the fall"."

The verdict angered the public and this case was cited as a precedent whenever similar cases occurred, Liu goes on to say. Exactly!

Why should I help you when I know you might sue me and win because there is a precedent? Further what is to prevent someone from faking a fall and then suing the person who tries to help?

Liu goes on to suggest that incompetent judges be fired and that charges be laid against victims suing the good samaritan. Similar laws exist in other countries where a person can be charged for being a 'public nuisance'.

It seems to me that China Daily's energy would be better spent calling for this case to be struck from the books (if it is still there), incompetent judges fired, and laws instituted to prevent 'victims' from suing the 'good samaritan'.

This noteworthy cause of CD's sounds nice but will turn out to be just a fad and will disappear completely when the next case occurs where the 'victim' sues the 'good samaritan' and wins because a precedent has already been established....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.