Author: expatter

Why do People Emigrate FROM America ........ ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-21 15:55:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robert237 at 2011-10-21 04:06
My wife owns a home there and she's been paying into the retirement plan there all her life.
Her social se curity is probably more reliable than my US social se curity....

You might want to double check before making that kind of decision ...

Remember Ch en Lia ngyu, mayor & party secretary of Shanghai CPC & his buddies? He got 18 years for em bezzling 3.45 billion yuan from Shanghai’s pension fund & using it for personal use including investments in private real estate, spe culation and loans to companies back in 2007.

18 years for em bezzling $550M! When you consider what your average Joe Public gets the death sentence for in this country, the se ntence was scandalous!

Make sure the money is there before making such big decisions for your future!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 15:58:06 |Display all floors
sooooo wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 15:58:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-10-21 12:13
I cannot believe what the US government have done to what was the best country on earth ...........

13 trillion national debt ...........

55 trillion pension deficit ...........

And Americans left in abject poverty ...........

Hardly a model for democracy .........

It looks far too expensive  ..............     ...

All this gloating about American economy/democracy falling apart because of debt.

Why does no one here make any comment about China's sovereign debt being equal to 70% of GDP? This makes China's debt on a par with the UK and we all know what the Anglo bashers think about the future of the UK economy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 16:04:02 |Display all floors
America suffered worse before in the great depression and so did Britain in wartime.

BUT.  I do think the Capitalists need to be tamed now and governments should assert themselves.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-21 16:45:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2011-10-21 15:58
All this gloating about American economy/democracy falling apart because of debt.
Why does no one here make any comment about China's sovereign debt being equal to 70% of GDP? This makes Ch ...
  .............................................................................................................................

Can I infer from this that you don't like facts  .............      

QUOTE:   Why does no one here make any comment about China's sovereign debt .......

Good idea  ............  !

Umm ........   

So just why haven't you started that thread  ........   ?

It would be more constructive than just your weepy grizzling ....................     

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-21 16:49:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2011-10-21 16:04
America suffered worse before in the great depression and so did Britain in wartime.
BUT.  I do think the Capitalists need to be tamed now and governments should assert themselves.

Yes  ..............

We all know that here in China all is evil and bad according to the West, so really one cannot expect things to be great for everything .......

But the bit that seems to be wrong is the part of the world that is supposed to be just, clever and true is the part which is in massive debt ........

I don't just mean the government but the people as well ..........

And I think you have the answer .......

Capitalistic corruption and political ineptitude  ............

Is it really a surprise if people are surprised like our friend drwatson ............      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 17:13:14 |Display all floors
hahaha yeah except if "corrupt" America goes bankrupt, your country will go down too!!! ha!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.