Author: expatter

Why do People Emigrate FROM America ........ ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-21 02:46:03 |Display all floors

Why do People Emigrate FROM America ........ ?

Why don't you create a poll on this?

List the possible reasons in the poll.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-10-21 04:06:53 |Display all floors

I'm planning on retiring in China.

My wife owns a home there and she's been paying into the retirement plan there all her life.
Her social security is probably more reliable than my US social security. The Republicans
will not give up trying to pass this huge sum of money to their super rich masters.
If we manage to collect both social securities then so much the better.
Lately it is becoming less and less likely that you can ever retire in the US unless you are
in the top 1%. As far as buying a house... who would want to even if  you could afford it.
I've owned three houses and good riddance. You don't own a house, the house owns you.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-21 12:07:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dragon8 at 2011-10-21 02:46
Why don't you create a poll on this?
List the possible reasons in the poll.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See post #8 ...............

Dragon mate  ........

Please feel free to make a poll if you wish ...........   

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-21 12:10:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robert237 at 2011-10-21 04:06
My wife owns a home there and she's been paying into the retirement plan there all her life.
Her social security is probably more reliable than my US social security. The Republicans
will not giv ...

At least a small amount of money in China can give you a reasonable life  ...........

Who the fcuk wants to pay for all the bombs and bullets required to change the world ..........

And make the bomb makers rich ........

Hunker down in China and relax ..........

Oh ....... !

Try and keep China stable and away from the bomb makers  ..........

Thanks  ..........        

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 12:13:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-10-21 12:03
The wealthier people get the more boring life becomes. Emigration often is the next, not last, resort in order to spice up one's life.
In the case of U.S. Americans, however, new poverty may be ...

I cannot believe what the US government have done to what was the best country on earth ...........

13 trillion national debt ...........

55 trillion pension deficit ...........

And Americans left in abject poverty ...........

Hardly a model for democracy .........

It looks far too expensive  ..............         

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 15:34:49 |Display all floors

nobody from america immigrates.

what's wrong with you people? did your crazy communist government lead you to believe that your better than America? cause you're not. Do the world a favor and build a giant wall around your country to keep out diseases and you're annoying assed 2 child policy with your filthy children who spread SARs and bird flu

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 15:52:47 |Display all floors
A lot of retired Brits left the UK for sunny Spain.

Now they want to come back, even with all its problems the Euro strengthened significantly against the pound over time so their incomes are devalued.

Its always about the money of course-money and jobs-the USA was stripped out by globalisation and its addiction to cheap imports.

Here in the UK unemployment is at a 20 year high and immigrants get most of the jobs that are available, particularly at the bottom end of the market.

I dont know the figures for the USA but it was still a top destination for IMMIgration  last time i looked and Britain has had net immigration of 200,000 for years by now.

[ Last edited by St_George at 2011-10-21 03:53 PM ]
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.