Author: timbatu

US Forum Deletes Atheist Posts [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-9 03:02:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-8 21:37
When I taught there, I wasn't allowed, by contract, to speak of anything religious, to students.
I wonder in which school in the US, it is like that...

OK, in every Western country, the state is religiously neutral. So, I think a teacher is nowhere allowed to proselytize his students. Or at least, a good teacher will not do so.
But "not allowed to speak of anything religious".... This doesn't exist in Western countries, I assume.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-9 03:04:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-10-8 21:08
If being openly nonreligious brings such persecution, then the US system has profound problem.
nonsense!

If some (private!) persons ask you strange questions or shake their heads over you, then this might make you feel uncomfortable, but has nothing to do with "persecution". It seems you don't know what "persecution" means...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-9 03:05:47 |Display all floors

apart from this...

I repeat my claim: Moving to a country and even adopt its citizenship, and after that ranting at its culture, is deeply hypocrite.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-9 07:41:55 |Display all floors

Bern, you need to READ my posts. Read them first.

The poster bern has shut his brain down in front of my posts. My points fall on his rock hard faith.

The US is a nation of immigrants. European immigrants massacred Natives and imposed Chinese Exclusion Act. So, European immigrants in the USA have absolutely no right to impose their tradition down to other's throat. I don't see any Chinese American who buy into European Christian culture. Many of them even resent speaking English. They want to speak their own language - Chinese. Don't get me wrong, if you are in Europe, or Asia, you have full rights to claim your culture, but not in the 200 year old North American colonies, especially with your problematic and extremely short history.

Besides, the new Chinese students were told Western propagandas in China. I was one of them. They have to live in the US for at least 10 years with close interaction with American Christians to see the REAL USA. Only then, will they be qualified to make an educated opinion.

Further, the Chinese students would be reluctant to tell you their true opinions. Obviously, you are hostile to anything less than Sinophobic. If the Chinese students tell you in your face, you may accuse them as spy or terrorist. I have many Chinese colleagues who tell me exactly this: they have to lie and bash China to survive in the US Sinophobic Christian culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-10 09:09:18 |Display all floors
To #34 to #38,
How are you different from a Nazi guard? Think about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-11 05:37:28 |Display all floors

Would you like details of the forums for Atheists?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.