Author: timbatu

US Forum Deletes Atheist Posts [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-8 21:25:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-8 21:16
It's profoundly obvious that you are blantantly atheist in a religious country. In saying this, I cannot understand America's hedonism!

-
I am a very respectful and cautious nonreligious person at workplace. I do not speak about my nonreligious faith unless the American Christians approach me and ask me to go to church or "at least, believe in a god".

Emu, your profound Christian faith means you are profoundly biased. You are hopeless because your bias is rooted in childhood Sinophobic indoctrination. You have no capability to detect it on your own. What you ask me to do is to bow to a deity that I do not believe and go underground for my nonreligious beliefs. Is this not the religious suppression that the Christians complain all the time?

Do I not have the freedom of expression of my nonreligious belief? Do you understand what equality is?

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2011-10-8 09:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 21:28:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-10-8 20:25

-
I am a very respectful and cautious nonreligious person at workplace. I do not speak about my nonreligious faith unless the American Christians approach me and ask me to go to church or " ...

Ummm. I'm not Emu, who is a great friend of mine in the CD, but, I do believe you could have a bit more respect than it appears you have, for the majority's sensibilities. I hope you can find a "middle way" so all can find a way to believe as they do, with all due respect to one other.
Slow net here, just read the rest of your post; and yes, I do believe you have as much rights as religious folks, but, you're obviously in a minority, which means you should have the ability to detect when, or if, it's appropriate to express your beliefs. The majority has won that right over several hundred years, within that country, you've not won that right within your few years there. As I said, I don't believe that what happens to you is right, but I can understand the other side....and no, I don't have sinophobia, just a sense of the true realities of the world, which it appears you are still learning....said with respect!

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-8 08:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 21:32:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-8 21:28
Ummm. I'm not Emu, who is a great friend of mine in the CD, but, I do believe you could have a bit more respect than it appears you have, for the majority's sensibilities. I hope you can find a ...

-
If you are not exactly the same person, at least, you and Emu think alike.

I post on CD in one style, but I interact in the real world in another style. The two are different. You are confused by this.

Besides, I want to ask a simple question: do you find the US Report on Religious Freedom of China respectful? (I know your answer.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 21:37:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-10-8 20:32

-
If you are not exactly the same person, at least, you and Emu think alike.

I post on CD in one style, but I interact in the real world in another style. The two are different. You are confu ...

We, Emu and I,  hold similar views based on our countries being so closely interlinked through history and culture that it may appear that we're one and the same.
Now, to answer your question, and no, you don't know the answer....I believe that the US should butt out of China's religious affairs. When I taught there, I wasn't allowed, by contract, to speak of anything religious, to students. I respected that then and respect it now even though it goes against my grain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 21:42:53 |Display all floors
Sorry tim, I enjoy debating this with you, but work calls. I'll try to be here tomorrow to continue, take care!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-9 02:43:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-10-8 03:27
If you immigrate to China and have good Chinese language skill, you will learn that your children are NOT taught Marxism-Leninism at Chinese schools. You were brainwashed to believe a lie during your childhood in the West.

whom shall I believe more: you, who has been living in the US "for decades" - or Chinese overseas student in my town who have come here 1 year ago?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-9 02:47:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-8 20:59
Boo hoo tim, you don't like your adopted country's religion, you know what to do.....and that's shut the h3ll up, it's not your country upon which you are entitled to comment on an established  ...

unfortunately it is. He has adopted US citizenship, AFTER THAT he is ranting at Western culture. Formally correct, but quite hypocrite, methinks.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.