Author: timbatu

US Forum Deletes Atheist Posts [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-7 20:29:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-10-5 06:36
Most religions worship death. It was always pushed on ignorant peasants by the wealthy as a way too control them because no matter how bad life is it will be better in heaven. Without that hook religion has no power. When you die the worms crawl in and the worms crawl out, life is short make the best of it because you will be dead for ever. Ignorance+Intolerance=Religion. ...

very good point.I love that comments.

in Zhong Guo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-7 20:31:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-7 18:41
I'm sorry that these things happened to you but you have to remember where you live and that is NOT in an atheist country, despite your personal beliefs. I personally, am christian but don't force  ...

in Zhong Guo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-7 22:21:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-10-7 18:41
I'm sorry that these things happened to you but you have to remember where you live and that is NOT in an atheist country, despite your personal beliefs. I personally, am christian but don't force  ...

-
Both are wrong. The US and those nations are very similar when it comes to religious intolerance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 01:27:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-10-5 22:29
The US workplace is dominated by religion because the US leadership are profoundly religious....

BS!

Religion is not a topic that is supposed to be discussed at the workplace.

If you have had issues, it's because your comments were inappropriate for the workplace.

Religion or the lack thereof is treated as a private matter.

Honestly, I've never been at a job where my religion (or lack of) was EVER discussed.

Religion and politics are two topics that are not appropriate conversations for the workplace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 01:31:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-10-8 01:27

BS!

Religion is not a topic that is supposed to be discussed at the workplace.

If you have had issues, it's because your comments were inappropriate for the workplace.

Religion or the  ...

right.
in Zhong Guo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 02:09:42 |Display all floors
To #18 and #19,

A couple of coworkers and supervisors asked me at workplace: what your religion is? Do you believe in God? In addition to the repeated verbal expression of Christianity, such religious expressions are also recorded in many emails.

(To the poster posting as bern/JFenix, you are clearly pro-Christian. If there is a BS, I am afraid that is you. I am sorry to burst your bubble. The reality of the US religious intolerance is obvious and quite easy to test. There is a long way for the US before it reaches the level of speech and religious freedom of China. )

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2011-10-8 02:17 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-8 02:34:07 |Display all floors

Reply #11 timbatu's post

I think you are widely exaggerating and sometimes also distorting facts.

But even if it's really as you say: Why did you immigrate into this country? Nobody forced you to do so. Quite the opposite is true: According to your ranting, the US is trying to keep the Chinese out (I don't know if this is true, since I'm not so familiar with US politics and immigration laws).

If I immigrate into China, then I will have to accept that my children are taught Marxism-Leninism at school.
If I immigrate into Iran or Pakistan, then I will have to accept that Islamic belief and thinking is omnipresent.
And I consider all this, then I take the decision of immigrating or not.

Immigrating, and after that breeding anger at all and everything in my host country, is dishonest.

And even not that you immigrated: You adopted the citizenship of this country that is trying to force you to bow to a foreign deity. After you chose becoming one of them, you are goofing at their culture, their convictions, their way of life. A little hypocrite, huh?

Apart from this: Stop telling me about "my" government or country or whatever. You don't know what is my country, and I will certainly not tell you. So it's just a lie if you pretend to know what the government of my home country is doing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.