Author: 468259058

changes around us [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-11 06:32:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dragon8 at 2011-10-9 07:46
Or would you choose to live in the modern world today?

hehee..I like some in old days.
like some in the modern world today.

Taking both the advantages and disadvantage into account, I prefer the modern world today.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-11 06:37:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-10-10 11:55
It must be common in parts of China even bnow that people collect night soil from their fellow citizens to use it as fertilisers.

Yes..

It was common in my hometown in 1980s.

From the late 1980s, our government encouraged farmers to use chemical fertilisers and pesticides for raising grain output.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-11 06:44:28 |Display all floors
In my childhood, All of people used to visit their relatives in other villages by root and bikes.

People began to buy moto-bicycles in the late 1980s.

Now many people in my hometown would drive their cars, or at least rent  so called "illegal" taxi to visit their relatives in the spring festivals.

++++++++++++my hometown is in rural area.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-11 13:02:06 |Display all floors

Reply #41 468259058's post

You are really ENJOYING all these RETRO REMINSCENCE and FORWARD thinking part of the game!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-11 22:54:57 |Display all floors
I grew up in foshan .what change impress me deeply during the last two decades is the price of commencial residential house.
in 1998,when I still in middle school,the average selling price of the house was 3 thousands yuan per square meter.my parents were able to afford it at that time,but instead of buying the house,they bought a land,and built a  third storeys building with a small yard.I totally appropriated their decision then.
in 2004,with no warming,the price of the house began to rise rapidly.it cost 5000 commonly.if someone had purchased one then,and sell it now,he will get a lot of profits.because the second hand house of ten years old cost 10000 .
I had no idea to purchase a house until my uncle also my neighbour, rent his five storeys to some private companies dealing in chemical equipments.I couldn't tolerate my family live in an environment fill of poisonous smells,so I began to search cheap houses in foshan.after three months of searching insistently,I got completely hopeless.how my little salary afford the sky high price house?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.