Author: Ny321

China's poor people   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-2 19:51:24 |Display all floors
These people still can lead a happy and stable life - they get an education, they get enough food and they even have some basic health care, too. I've spent last summer on chinese countryside in this condition and I must say, it was far more relaxing than living in Europe and having tons of responsibilities...  Of course, all the poor want to be rich - but that's mainly because all the people want to have what they don't have. I don't think they are generally less happy than richer people.

[quote]
they get an education
[quote]

No, they can't: Government now sent police to close the schools in the cities where the poor migrants try to get a decent life.

[quote]
they get enough food
[quote]
Not exactly: China is not Somalia (5 years ago, the UNO still sent food to poor regions in China....but the cost of the food explode in China.

[quote]
they even have some basic health care
[quote]
Oh no, certainley not! you play with the words, but it is a serious situation! nobody has problems with little troube we meet in everyday life: the problem is when you met serious problem! serious illness, injuries, etc, and then it makes all the difference, because when you have aids or cancer , then you can just pray. basta.

You split on Europe, but let me tell you one thing: in France for example: every body has the same basic wealthcare card. And it doesnt make difference if you get a flue or a cancer: the cares are the same. no red envelops to the doctor or special mentions in the assurance contrats, you have the card, so no matter you are the president or a worker, you will have the same medicines.

Congratulation, you are clearly the winner for today cynical and hypocrit award!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 19:54:35 |Display all floors
People says sometimes poverty is a matter of relativity, i value the index of human happiness more than human wealth, as long as people have enough to eat, and are able to be self sufficient, life will be a constant struggle but it is also what reminds us we are alive no? I think for China to achieve the standard of living of the West in our lifetime will be impossible, and highly unsustainable.

Oh yes, look at the 15 yearss old boy who was recently arrested for an aggression in China, he drived a customized BMW (and not the cheapest, trust me), look how his life is a struggle for survive. Oh my god, it's too hard for him!

Have you another kind of such sh.t ? I already heard it 100's times here in China from those who get always more and try to justify why those who are poor (and make them rich with their low incomes) wil never get a decent life.

The poors are the main ressource of the richs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 20:09:52 |Display all floors
@yasawakic

Yes, there are still A LOT OF improvement needs to be done in China and it is been done steadily everyday!  

But will a better China make you happier? I doubt. Maybe the opposite.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-10-2 20:38:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2011-10-2 19:51

[quote]
they get an education
[quote]

No, they can't: Government now sent police to close the schools in the cities where the poor migrants try to get a decent life.

[quote]
they get  ...

What you would do or say manage the situation if you are in the chair????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-3 08:38:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2011-10-2 19:54

Oh yes, look at the 15 yearss old boy who was recently arrested for an aggression in China, he drived a customized BMW (and not the cheapest, trust me), look how his life is a struggle for su ...

I think logic do not register with you, you simply can't have 1.3 billion people with the same standard of living, it's best to reduce the wealth gap gradually and improve the standard of living further for everyone gradually, the standard of living of Chinese people have increase several fold ever since Deng opening up policy, but with it also means income disparity have increased as well as social issues that comes with it, it have to be a concerted approach to fix this no doubt, the migrant workers and people at the heartland of Chinese industry can no longer be overlooked, and China should stop presenting herself with fake imagery of vanity, like sweeping these migrants away during the Olympics not to mention the fake singing girl, hosting mega trade expos etc, this sort of thing only serves to create a divide between the haves and have nots, and an example of a some people gone mad honestly.

[ Last edited by spadger at 2011-10-3 08:43 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-3 09:13:13 |Display all floors
all the poor want to be rich

That's where you are wrong: I know many many "poors" here in East China: they dont need to become a consummer that need 6 earth ressource equivalents.. But they just want a decent living: education for children , healthcare, not worry abotu thier house. Nothing more. And that's make a VERY VERY BIG difference with all these dumbasses you see in chinese magazine for richs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-3 09:40:50 |Display all floors

Some of you here seem to have misunderstood me.

Some of you  here seem to have misunderstood me.

The real purpose for me to post these stories is to poke the Chinese authorities to
do more for millions and millions of poor people in China in terms of  education,
health care, subsidized housing, social welfare, and other amenities in order to
raise the standard of living of the poor people in China.

All of the photos were taken not by me but by others who might have had  similar
good intentions as mine.   I do not think that these photos were taken in order to denigrate the Chinese people.

I am also very aware of the tremendous great and  good achievements in modern China, so I plan to set up another thread under the name “ China, the beautiful”.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.