Author: Ny321

China's poor people   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-10-2 09:05:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aziz at 2011-10-1 22:39

CHINA IS NOT RICH.....SOME PEOPLE HAVE BECOME RICH.....HOWEVER THE MIDDLE CLASS IS VERY SMALL.....THERE'S RICH AND THERE'S POOR.....NOT VERY MANY MIDDLE CLASS..
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 11:47:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 12:59:10 |Display all floors

So China has poverty....so what...?

Originally posted by Ny321 at 2011-9-19 17:17
Reference: http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/2011-09/19/content_13732397_3.htm

What country doesn't have poverty? And what country can say this:

"China has reduced the number of people living in poverty in rural areas from 85 million in 1990 to 35.97 million by end of 2009, thereby achieving the target of halving the proportion of people living in extreme poverty."

From the UN Development Programme.

In fact, overall over the years, China is well known to have eradicated poverty to a far greater degree than many other countries in the world.

How come you didn't mention this...?

You give the impression that coz there's poverty in China then nothing is being done about it...which is a lie...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-2 13:52:52 |Display all floors

Anyone got any nice pictures ..........

From the US .............

They have had after all 300 years to make everyone rich ...........   

Then of course if we compared like for like we should show the abject poverty that Indians have to suffer .........   

It is a world problem ............

But at least China is reducing the problem at a steady pace  ..........

Not sure many countries can claim that  ............     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 15:16:39 |Display all floors

why?

why.jpg
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 16:34:35 |Display all floors
These people still can lead a happy and stable life - they get an education, they get enough food and they even have some basic health care, too. I've spent last summer on chinese countryside in this condition and I must say, it was far more relaxing than living in Europe and having tons of responsibilities...

Of course, all the poor want to be rich - but that's mainly because all the people want to have what they don't have. I don't think they are generally less happy than richer people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-2 19:19:50 |Display all floors
People says sometimes poverty is a matter of relativity, i value the index of human happiness more than human wealth, as long as people have enough to eat, and are able to be self sufficient, life will be a constant struggle but it is also what reminds us we are alive no? I think for China to achieve the standard of living of the West in our lifetime will be impossible, and highly unsustainable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.