Author: itstime

Should a war be blitzed onto China - will China be ready? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-7 09:05:31 |Display all floors

Reply #13 itstime's post

Oh good grief, shut yer trap willya! You obviously know nothing about China or the Chinese people because if you did, you wouldn't write such claptrap in a Chinese ghov't owned website. if you think that the Chinese would just "lay down and die", think again. they would, to a person, resist with all of the weapons they could find, even if it be a chopstick! I'm not Chinese, but I lived in China for quite a few years, know a heeluva lot of Chinese folks and, I'll tell you this, I wouldn't want to invade their country and I was a soldier for over 20 years!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 09:06:19 |Display all floors

Reply #14 shameless's post

As much as I usually disagree with you, I have to agree here. the OP here is an unmitigated moron!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 13:02:47 |Display all floors

Reply #14 shameless's post

One way the "enemies of China" could do "WITHOUT" expansion of their military budget

................is to create a MULTI NATIONAL force, to reduce the expense of a "planned war".

In 1850 to 1900 period, when the European powers, joined the Asiatic powers (Russia, Japan) and the Western Hemisphere powers (USA) was to form such a GRAND COALITION or ALLIES.

It took some 50 years to collapse the GIANT QING DYNASTY, with French, British, USA, German, Russia and Japan powers combined - and a force of about 600,000 armed with modern ships, artillery, cannon, machine guns and rifles to collapse the Qing.

BUT even the combined might of 6,0 million armed Japanese troops - strengthened by resources, manpower gained in Manchuria, Taiwan and Korea could not terminate the might of the CHINESE PEOPLE. (The Kwantung Army fielded some 600,000 front line Koreans, Manchurians, Formosans in their battle to conquer Asia, post craziness of 1937 - when they decided to challenge the BIG POWERS France, Britain, Russia and newly powerful United States!)

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 13:07:08 |Display all floors

Today big power rivalry

...............and ambition will only see 4 other big powers.

This would be the United States, British Club, European Union-lead by France, and Russia.

The multi national force to form a grand coalition could only be
(1) USA lead - Japan and Korea protectorates forward troops.
(2) South Trade Route States - with weapon supplies from EU, Britain and USA.

and the sparks
(3) Vietnam, Myanmar, Central Asian states, Persia and North Korea.

China would be wise to pay attention to DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS and good neighbour policies to avoid such troubles!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 13:11:37 |Display all floors

Most states find it UTMOST difficult

...............to raise PEACETIME military budget above 4% of GNP without a "national emergency".

Only Arab states - which is certainly seems to be on "War Like Footing" due to the ISRAEL FACTOR, seems to spend closer to 10% of GNP. But historical, states spending such high percentage on matters - have high tax, high debt or inflationary problems. There would also be shortage of CONSUMER GOODS for the citizens.

The United States was only able to spend above 4%, commonly 6% only in the wars in Korea, Vietnam and now in Mesopotamia + Afganistan. They could only do that DUE to the fact that the DOLLAR IS AS GOOD AS GOLD.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 13:12:05 |Display all floors

Reply #18 greendragon's post

Yep, agreed, and those other nations who sit astride the trade routes control vital strategic SLOCs so, it's best if ALL groups pursue better diplomatic relations rather than some of these idjits advocating war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 21:02:45 |Display all floors
history has shown us that poor, desprate, economically declining countries are very dangerous. ie japan, germany.  the history of nato countries, also does not look good. theyve basically had a 300yr history of robbing other countries, and war mongering. i think thats a pretty solid record. theres no reason to believe that nato wants to settle anything without violence.
i dont think China will be ready for a war. since deng came in, China has grown soft. maybe in order to preserve harmony, the central govt has not really educated our people on the savagry of western countries. in order to be ready for the enemy, you must understand your enemy. as the way it looks right now, the Chinese public does not understand the enemy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.