Author: itstime

Should a war be blitzed onto China - will China be ready? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-6 10:32:23 |Display all floors

Reply #7 itstime's post

Go and try your luck to provoke other nations into war to help you out of recession, you evil id1ot.

I say again, Chinese are not stupid and won't fall into your trap.

Even if there is a war, don't forget we have 200 (some say 3000) nuclear warheads. Are they enough to send some of your carriers down to the seabed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 12:30:12 |Display all floors

Reply #4 antitheft's post

Those examples you gave of the US winning the war but lossing the peace are accurate. the US has never been particularly good at winning the peace. I will say this though, you cannot measure the US ability to win, or lose, against China by those examples alone. They are different types of war entirely. Any conflict between the US, God forbid, and China will not be as cut and dried as many think and China's wonder weapons will not be the cure all for China being victorious. What will be most important, in the end won't even be boots on the ground because the US cannot match the sheer number of Chinese. What'll matter most is the following;
1/ Production, the ability to build replacement weapons.
2/ Logistics; the ability to supply the combatant forces with all the war material(s) they need....food, gas, ammo etc etc.
3/ Civilian support. I think that this will be unequivocable in China but the US? Not so sure!
4/ Technology. Dumb weapons are good, but smart ones are more cost effective in terms of results and effects!
5/ Distance/Terrain. Where the battle(s) will be fought is of great importance. At sea, the odds favour the US greatly but no so, on land although US firepower usually makes up for any ground force inequality. In the air, the US will win as well because of superior technology and sheer numbers of aircraft available with said technology. Distance is important too. The US has an immense supply network throughout the world but this is it's weakness in any naval warfare in Asia. It can supply it's vessels, aircraft and troops anywhere in the world, and in large numbers but, if this line and network is interdicted by China, the whole system falls down.
My thoughts are that the US will interdict China's C4I systems and POL supply firts using either cruise missiles from the SSGNs of using stealth aircraft to simply bomb them. If they can do that, China won't be able to venture far from the shores of the mainland which means the war is China's front yard. This gives China an advantage of home ground and a massive and patriotic population, and also a disadvantage because it's back is literally, to the wall. The US airpower will then be the defining feature of the confl;ict and with the degradation of China POL, manufacture, supply and actual combat will be severly degraded to such a point aht China may not be able to even offer a single combat aircraft to attempt to counter what will be, a massive onslaught of US combat aircraft.

These are just some thoughts and one scenario. It's by no means complete and is very simplistic, but plausible. I truly hope, that no war breaks out for China, the US or anybody.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 12:32:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-6 09:32
Go and try your luck to provoke other nations into war to help you out of recession, you evil id1ot.

Even if there is a wa ...

Yes, anyone is a fool to want war. The number of nukes you mentioned are enough to send the USN to the bottom of the sea, yes, but you have to remember, they won't all be sitting in the same place together. They move in battle groups, are capable of moving very quickly and are very hard to nuke if you can't find them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 12:36:43 |Display all floors

Reply #7 itstime's post

For a newbie,. you've got cojones!
China isn't as slow witted as you think and no, a rain of US weapons will not awe the Chinese people. I'm not Chinese but I've lived there and know many great Chinese people there too, none of whom want a war, with anyone, but....and here's the rub, if you give them one, the entire country will give all to beat any aggressor. I personally think that the US would win any such war but at a cost that would destroy the US equally as much as it would be for China. Any attempt at invading the mainland, well, 1.3 billion folks with knives running at you might just change your mind, and if they have no knives, it's be chopsticks or whatever they can find. Nope newbie, you don't know China and if you did, you wouldn't come into this BBS and swing such a stupidly unguided club. I agree with NE tigress entirely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 12:38:51 |Display all floors

Reply #8 NE_Tigress's post

Commonly before a ALL OUT WAR is launched, preparation must be made.

(In most cases during the pre-1930 periods, armed forces expenditure were kept low, only drastic rearmament occur in 1934 - when Fuhrer Hitler gained power in 1933 - he probably spent beyond the PRE WAR level of 1% to 4% of the GNP of most countries

By year 1937, Germany was spending up to 20% of the GNP on war preparations!)

Indicative of a BLITZ on a major power will see such equivalent expenditure.
The United States similarly saw a JUMP in spending on the military after the declaration of war - from 1941 to 1944!
As long as we do not observe major jumps in MILITARY EXPENDITURE, it's highly unlikely a blitz is being prepared on China!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 23:44:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-6 10:32

Even if there is a wa ...

The Chinese have been particularly vulnerable to blitzes.  When such a blitz happens it won't be about the moral standards based on who started the war .  " Fall into my trap?"  LMAO , we'll see if you say the same things after Japan blitzes your country and takes over it in a couple of days.  The Chinese , once again ... scattering and confused .... and you'll be on your knees and shot .  And what will you say before getting shot ?  "  Chinese not stupid , Chinese not go to war ?" LMAO.  

You haven't learned from your past , plain and simple , and it seems you'll never learn.  You obviously don't care about how your ancestors suffered.  You're feeble and you don't even have the decency to honor your ancestors.  

Should the Chinese have your perceptions of war , I'm definitely betting on the US.  The Chinese are always feeble in their beliefs , just give them one superstition - e.g. relying on advanced weapons - and they'll be eating bugs and setting fireworks while the whole country is at war.  

There may be a billion of you , but none of you have the mental and physical capabilities to match either the US or Japan.  Millions of Chinese will be killed because the Chinese simply are incapable of learning from anything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-7 07:54:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by itstime at 2011-9-7 00:44

The Chinese have been particularly vulnerable to blitzes.  When such a blitz happens it won't be about the moral standards based on who started the war .  " Fall into my trap?"  LMAO  ...

You and your wishful thinking, perhaps you go and join the japs for their next attack on Hawaii.
One got the feeling that a war monger is on the loose here, watch out, the wicked one might show up behind you and kick some sense into that warped mind of yours…

What you’re doing here is not reasoning, but evil thinking. Small wonder people all over the world are beginning to look down upon you.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.