Author: aziz

QATAR THE NEW LEADING ROLE IN MIDDLE EAST [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-5 18:10:24 |Display all floors

5 Philipines Christians converted to Is lam

This happened in Doha-Qatar after Jummah Prayer 2nd October 2010.In this video 5 Christian Philipinos are saying kalma "Asha-hadu-Allah".

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=fxolwH_oIP0
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 18:16:27 |Display all floors

Ramadan in Doha, Qatar

Ramadan in Doha, Qatar: It’s Awesome, even if just for the Tarawih! Sh. Areefi Du’a Audio

There’s a lot to say about how awesome Ramadan is in Muslim lands, and I speak out of my experience in Qatar, so perhaps I should be more specific to it, but I suspect the reasons for this land probably transcend Qatar to most Muslim lands. The shorter work hours, the respect given to Ramadan, our guest, the reduced fitna on the street (read between the lines), and last, but definitely not the least, the amazing selection of qiraat and styles for tarawih prayers.

Near where I live, we have about 5 choices for tarawih prayers within walking distance (though no one really walks here with temperatures of 100-115F night-day): starting from what I refer to the “lazy Masjid”, where tarawih prayers last only about 30 minutes (reading is not at hyper-speed, rather just short rakah), to a notch above, all the way to the Masjid near the “Fruit & Vegetable Market”, where a famous Somali Imam (so I have been told) leads prayers lasting over 3 hours! Despite totally having intentions to try it at least once, unfortunately I haven’t made it there. I have heard from “normal”, average Muslims who have gone there, even though they don’t understand Arabic, that time just breezes by behind this Imam, whose voice makes the 3 hours feel like 30 minutes. Insha’Allah next year!

Away from the Airport, towards the oil & gas complex at Mesaaid, we have the suburb of Wakra, a place that is full of Masajid at every corner. Towards the opposite side of the Airport, there is Masjid Abu Bakr, where the Imam reads in Warsh and has a soft, melodious voice.

Then there is my “regular” masjid, Masjid Sa’ad near the “Aramex Roundabout”, where the Imam’s beautiful recitation packs probably more than a 1000 strong congregation. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Imam was Bakistani (as he refers to Bakistan in his du’a). The surprise due to his command of Arabic language (and accent) and a voice that just didn’t sound Bakistani at all, whatever that means!
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 18:16:44 |Display all floors
Last year, I was more regular at Masjid Omar (Shaykh Qaradawi’s mosque), near Landmark mall, where tons of folks prayed behind Shaykh al-Areefi every night. Shaykh al-Areefi was not in Qatar for the entire Ramadan this time, but did grace us for the last few nights, and I was fortunate to catch prayers behind him on the 27th night at Masjid Omar, where his du’a was the highlight of Ramadan for me. The Shaykh was crying for a good portion of it, along with many praying behind him. As soon as he is done, people crowd around him, and it is almost impossible to even shake his hands. But this 27th night, my car was parked right near his, and I talked to him, gave him salaam from my friend and shaykh in Houston, Sh. Waleed, who I believe was his class-mate in Imam university in Riyadh. He was happy to hear that and sent the salaam back, which has been duly delivered : ). Somehow I understand Sh. Areefi’s Arabic more than anyone else’s and was able to carry out a few minutes of “almost-Arabic” conversation!

Like most Masajid, in the last 10 nights of Ramadan, the Imams stop praying witr after the Isha-associated tarawih, leaving it for Qiyaam. Qiyaam begins usually at 11:30PM in many Masajid, and at around 1:00AM in some. The qiyaam prayers  (8 rakah) is followed by the witr with amazing dua qunoot usually.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 18:17:56 |Display all floors
Abubaker Mosque.JPG
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 20:56:47 |Display all floors

Emir of Qatar is a marked man..

it is not unreasonable to assume that his days are numbered. They missed this time but he is a hunted man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 20:57:57 |Display all floors

tomorrow they wouldn't e smiling any more.

Originally posted by aziz at 2011-9-5 09:27
Qatar has pledged $400-500 million  for a fund to help the cash-strapped Libyan revolutionary movement,  Qatari Prime Minister Hammad bin Jassim al-Thani said today in Rome.

Kuwait is putting i ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 13:47:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by antitheft at 2011-9-5 20:56
it is not unreasonable to assume that his days are numbered. They missed this time but he is a hunted man.

Gadafi is hiding like a rat.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.