Author: DSseeing

What stops Chinese from being creative? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-3 23:31:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whampoa at 2011-9-3 19:23
The CHINESE CREATIVITY

THE CHINESE BUILD whilst the GWEILOS DESTROY

and this is an UNDENIABLE           HISTORICAL TRUTH !

---
Whampoa

mmm, I love it when people talk in colours

BIG LETTERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT

and I guess you forgot 1949...a good example of chinese building a pile of chinese corpses
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-3 23:48:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2011-9-3 16:29

FAILURE OF EDUCATION SYSTEM.

the education system is built to serve and protect Queen Bees.

creativity not necessary.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-9-4 05:05:50 |Display all floors

Light bulb idea was stolen by Edison

In answer to post #2.

The light bulb might be the symbol of the idea. But this symbol should not be associated with
the American thief inventor Thomas Edison. He stole most of his idea. If I recall correctly about
the only thing he did think of was the phonograph.
He had tremendous disdain for people who were more creative and intelligent than he was.

Nikola Tesla was a much more gifted inventor than Edison could have ever hoped to be.
Just hoping the Chinese people do not get fed the same misinformation that American
students were fed.

Edison was a shrewd and ruthless businessman with boundless energy. That is how
he became famous.

Before you can argue that the Chinese are not creative, first you must define what you mean
by being creative. Being given credit for a lot of inventions doesn't necessarily make you a
creative person. It could mean that you are a crafty thief.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 07:28:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-9-4 03:04

I don't see any Chinese invention as being among the world's FOUR GREATEST, sorry to say that so bluntly. There have been many useful discovewries by Chinese in the course of history but few  ...

I too, am not sure, about China having any of the worlds top 4 inventions over the course of history but I'd say that paper and gunpowder were pretty much right up there, hovering not too far off, wouldn't you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 07:32:59 |Display all floors

Reply #41 robert237's post

What, in your hazy memory, did Edison steal exactly?
I agree about Tesla, and it's a pity he wasn't taken seriously enough!
The definition of being creative, or creativity, is in the dictionary. maybe you can look it up and define it for yourself.
Anyways, welcome to our forum, enjoy!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-9-4 10:31:09 |Display all floors

Edison was not the first to think of many ideas. Just got credited with them.

He is credited but did not invent the light bulb, Humphrey Davy was the first to do that with a platinum ribbon about 60 years earlier.
Recorded audio, Edward Martinville was the first to do that.
Moving pictures, Louis Le Prince was the first to do that.
X-Ray, Routgen was the first to do that.

He did make many older ideas commercially successful. He was not a dummy. Just not the type of guy you'd want for a friend.

He tried and tried to get his beloved DC electricity to be the standard of the national electric grid and stopped at nothing
to prove it was better than Tesla's AC electricity for this use. He electrocuted many animals including circus elephants to
try and prove that AC was so much more dangerous than DC. You can get killed quite easily with either one.
He tried to ruin Tesla and Westinghouse in his efforts to support his mammoth ego but failed. AC won out simply because
it was better for a power grid. Of course you could have powered half of New York if you could figure out a way to harness Edison's ego.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 11:10:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.