Author: dragon8

Which Chinese city would be the most suitable for the new U.N. Headquarters? [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-5 20:06:57 |Display all floors
.
white-i-love-istanbul-t-shirts.png
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-9-6 13:15:35 |Display all floors

The mosquitoes in Guangzhou love foreigners.

I spent one night in Guangzhou on the 22nd floor of a high rise apartment/hotel with the window open.
I was covered with mosquito bites the next morning but the locals weren't bothered at all.
I was told the mosquitoes there love foreigners and I believe them.
So on behalf of the mosquitoes I nominate Guangzhou.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-6 13:25:57 |Display all floors
Nobody vote Nanjing?

It's my home city.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-6 13:33:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robert237 at 2011-9-6 13:15

I was told the mosquitoes there love foreigners and I believe them.
So on behalf of the mosquitoes I nominate Guangzhou.
.

Seriously I think mosquitoes do have preferences.

So long as there is another human being in the same room, mosquitoes won't bite me.

They don't like me.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-6 13:44:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robert237 at 2011-9-6 13:15
I was covered with mosquito bites the next morning but the locals weren't bothered at all.
I was told the mosquitoes there love foreigners and I believe them.  ...
.

Guangzhou should welcome more foreigners. Then the locals won't need mosquito nets    

So we'd better nominate it as the city for UN's new headquarters.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2011-9-6 15:48:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-6 12:44
.

Guangzhou should welcome more foreigners. Then the locals won't need mosquito nets    

So we'd better nominate it as the city for UN's new headquarters.


Hahaha, creative solution indeed. remind not to go back to GZ!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-6 16:30:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-9-6 15:48
Personally I like Nanjing a good deal. I like it at least as well as mosquito-infested Guangzhou. .
.

Thank you for liking Nanjing.

Next time you happen to be in Nanjing, throw yourself to the crocodile pond in the famous Hongshan Zoo, see if you are also attractive to them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.