Author: dragon8

Which Chinese city would be the most suitable for the new U.N. Headquarters? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-3 20:35:00 |Display all floors
VOTE ISTANBUL.
800px-Bosphorus_Bridge_10.jpg
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-3 20:43:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-9-3 20:23

I'd think that the ranks of protestors would diminish very quickly!

If the protesters are foreignens don't they have the right to stage protest within certain area?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-3 21:06:40 |Display all floors
Sure we do have the right because it isn't anti-Chinese, it's anti-UN, but how the Chinese police dealt with the protestors would be the big deal. they're not well known for being patient are they. If they  shot foreign protestors in China, there'd be all hell to pay. this is another reason why the UN can't be in China.
Maybe they'd have to issue protestor visas and allow protestors in a wlled area near the UN but invisible to the street, and probably news would be censored to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-3 21:11:16 |Display all floors
Can ISTANBUL accommodate different culture protesters?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 11:56:29 |Display all floors

Taipei

China should make a deal with Taiwan, and by make a deal, I mean, put it to a vote of the islanders.  

If they would agree to a reunification similar to Hong Kong's (same conditions an on the same date), then China would propose, build and pay for a new United Nations HQ there.  (Assuming that the UN would accept the move.)

America wouldn't object, America is always just a step away from being ready to withdraw from the UN.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 20:17:06 |Display all floors

Chinese must learn to think "Self-Interests" in big issues!

I suggest any city in the poorer region. I remember no one wants to live in inner Mongolia - some of their newly built cities are empty. So, why not set the new headquarter in Gansu, Inner Mongolia, Xin, etc? It promotes people to move there - a boost to their local economy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 23:08:27 |Display all floors

u. n.

world is coming to continent asia.
hong kong is the most suitable city for U.N.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.