Author: dragon8

Binay dismisses likelihood of Philippine-China armed conflict over Spratlys [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-28 15:27:04 |Display all floors

Reply #7 GreedyHyena's post

all this might be, but one has to admit that China has every year had a growth of over 8%, and this for many years. And it also depends from which level something grows. If there is a comparatively large growth from almost nothing, then the result is still... modest.

I'm far from pitting the Philippines against China, and I'm not the one who knows all answers and reduces a complex issue to 1 or 2 simple reasons.
But one has to state that the Philippines are relatively bad off, compared to some of its neighbouring countries. And there are also Filipinos who freely admit this....

[ Last edited by bern2009 at 2011-8-28 03:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 15:41:41 |Display all floors
Yes, that is true.

But I hate those people who so very arrogantly look down at less fortunate states.

A level of arrogance one can hardly bear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 18:04:04 |Display all floors
Philippines-Easter10.jpg
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 18:12:19 |Display all floors

Philippines-Easter?

I rather guess, this is the Ashura commemoration day...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 18:47:59 |Display all floors
Thread checked for dot's 6.46pm

All clear

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 09:27:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2011-8-28 12:24
look at all the "free booz" and women they are supplying them in Angeles City. You wouldn't want to lose that, would you? The Philippines, saddly, has little more to offer since the polit ...

No Longzhou my friend, the reason you give is incorrect. Remember that the Philippines used to be a US possession and durring WW2, blood, from both parties was shed in defense, and retaking, of the islands. I suggest thyat this is the overriding factor in any US decision to help the Philippines.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 10:01:30 |Display all floors

Filipinos will be stupid

if they waged a war with China on imperialist America's behalf.

So you saying that OZ and NZ not marine 'policemen" of South Pacific?  You are talking about your own kind.

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-8-28 11:04

Regarding the islands, China is doing quite well on it's using the threaten/ intimidate, then maybe invade or divide & conquer. White men have nothing to do with this except in your repress ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.