Author: greendragon

Singapore in the forefront of 2010 to 2020 development! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-1 09:23:50 |Display all floors
No my friend, NZ won't get any such flatops. I can't see any viable use, within our military structure, for them. The NZ military has been gutted by previous gov'ts, and conjtinues to be gutted with the dissolution of many jobs of Colonel rank through to private rank,  and is no longer capable of manning such a vessel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 12:50:28 |Display all floors

Budget of NZ$1.7 billion, 10,000 officers and man

Royal New Zealand Armed Forces!

Just read from the WIKIPEDIA.
That's pretty TIGHT outfit.
I doubt New Zealand needs an army, it only needs a NAVY, AIR FORCE.
The home front is probably the job of the HOME GUARDS, and Royal New Zealand Police Force.

Quite sufficient, transfer manpower from ARMY to the NAVY.
The Air Force is only 50 odd aircraft, mostly non combatants.
Budget would become sufficient, afterall, why does New Zealand need an army if it can't project it?

Enough manpower and money for 1 expeditionary task force + marines!
and a budget for asset procurement - 10 year plan - NZ$ 8 billion - quite enough for 1 stealh type 45 destroyer, 3 stealth frigates La Fayette class, 2 small docks - new Flat top - extended length Endurance Class (12,000tonnes) plus 80+ attack UAV + tilt rotor ASW + Stol Awacs + Stol Tanker.

Marines units - 200 APC 4th generation, 100 2.5 tonne trucks, 50 self propel howitzers on tracks, CIWS, SAM - rapiers on tracks - 30 units, medic, cooks detachments. (Ready for Home Guard detachment - to double the size of the force to1 division - 10,000 man!)

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2011-9-1 01:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 13:12:12 |Display all floors

The turn radius of the UAV is much superior

................to " manned " air superiority aircraft.

The " Human Factor " limits the TURN RADIUS, and speed to <5G (at least that's what the data on published information indicates), any higher would cause "black out" of the pilot.

The UAV can be pushed " beyond " 5G, and thus guaranteed to be superior in a " close quarter " " dog fight ".
(In fact, Mr. Kiwi, the UAV is " PERFECT " for small states like Singapore, Malaya and New Zealand!)

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Turn Radius of the UAV is much improved.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 14:58:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-9-1 11:50
Royal New Zealand Armed Forces!

Just read from the WIKIPEDIA.
That's pretty TIGHT outfit.
I doubt New Zealand needs an army, it only needs a NAVY, AIR FORCE.
The home front is probably the jo ...

Not a bad TOE for the NZ military but it'd be politically impossible given public apathy towards the military and current expenditure priorities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 15:03:53 |Display all floors

Reply #10 greendragon's post

Yes, the G rate without the pilot is superior to manned aircraft but the one failure I see with UAV's is not having human participation, on site, is situational awareness. It'll be interesting to see how they solve this issue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-2 12:00:35 |Display all floors

Reply #11 exportedkiwi's post

New Zealand will be seen as "IRRESPONSIBLE" by INCREASING the burden on Australia, Mother Britain, and the rest of the commonwealth if it insist of being pacifist relying on the protection of the COMMONWEALTH and it's allies.

Afterall, weapons development in the Asia Pacific region is workable - what with Taiwan, Thailand, Malaya, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand has a combined budget of almost US$40 to 50 billion a year!!!

The creation of a single marine division, together with a UAV equipped expeditionary task force will assist the Australian, and Singaporeans-Thais to provide SECURITY and ensure PEACE in our part of the world.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-2 12:12:05 |Display all floors

Reply #13 greendragon's post

I know this but tell our useless spineless leadership. progressive gov'ts have gutted a once proud NZ military with a vengeance!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.