Author: cindy1225

Female traffice police make Lhasa more pretty [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-30 09:57:47 |Display all floors
Don't forget the mothers and grandmothers of most of those girls were serfs who had to bow and lower their eyes whenever their masters were present. Now they are policewomen! Look how proud and beautiful they are!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-30 10:03:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-30 09:58

Chinese woman police are less likely to disrupt the roaring business of the Chinese hairdressers servicing Chinese truck drivers from Sichuan, than Chinese male cops would. It's a sexual cons ...

Snakey, if the police crackdown on prostitution, you will cry for the rights of the prostitutes. You are very Er Bai Wu.

[ Last edited by NE_Tigress at 2011-8-30 10:26 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 10:02:59 |Display all floors

Cosmetic Allowance

When I was in Lhasa, I was told that traffic police was provided with some 3500 yuan /month for cosmetic allowance to avoid sun burn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 13:32:31 |Display all floors

Beautiful???

Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-8-30 09:57
Look how proud and beautiful they are!..

They looks nice and neat simply

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 21:52:01 |Display all floors

Serfs

Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-8-30 11:27 AM
Don't forget the mothers and grandmothers of most of those girls were serfs who had to bow and lower their eyes whenever their masters were present. Now they are policewomen! Look how proud and bea ...

Are they Ti betan girls?
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-2 09:15:12 |Display all floors
Ti betans account for 87% of Lh asa's population. So I assume most of them are Ti betans.  There is no significant difference in appearance between Han people and Ti betan people.   I said"most of them" I think it should be correct.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-4 09:15:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-9-4 03:31

you need to update your stats. Yours seem to be from last century. Even when I visited Lhasa over 2'0 years ago the percentage you advanced didn't reflect reality. By now the Teabs are outnumbered at least two to one.  

The statics I provided was by 2008. I don't have the latest stat, but according to MY observation in Lh asa in July 2006, at least 7 out of 10 are Ti tetans according to their dress, language, appearance etc.

87% is the percentage among permanent residents. If you take into account of tourists, short-term business travellers, etc., the percent maybe a bit different. Afterall, Lha sa (Ti bet)'s main industry is tourism.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.