Author: BingDing69

China must have nuke powered hunter killer subs to hunt down USN subs. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-29 14:05:42 |Display all floors

Reply #12 exportedkiwi's post

Mr. Kiwi

May I remind you that the oceans are VERY VAST territories.
It's not easy to find a SSK once it's gone "all silent"..........

a needle in a haystack.
The new SSK are very dangerous, all they need is a BUOY, high defination digital camera, encrypted signals from AWACS, command center target acquisition - AND they can launch TORPEDO TUBE launchable CRUISE MISSILES which can hit targets up to 1,200km away - THAT'S THE tomahawk and the exocets.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-30 22:13:44 |Display all floors

since it hardly be hunted

no need to hunt but do a same to them.

terrian in China is much more advantageous than terrian in US for full-blown endgame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-30 22:22:24 |Display all floors

Ya, Chinese waters for China!

China must secure her seas from dangerous sharks.

Originally posted by BingDing69 at 2011-8-24 02:35
too many evil USA subs lurking around Chinese sea water, China must have hunter killer nuke powered subs capable of hunt them down and kill them..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-31 11:52:14 |Display all floors

Reply #16 dickman's post

The FRONTLINE is the (1) OFFSHORE, more than 1,500km; (2) OFFSHORE, within continental shelf <1,500km and (3) ONSHORE.

The (1) offshore, >1,500km - mostly SSN, SSBN and the Expeditionary force with aircraft carrier or dock ships. Now only the European Union - lead by France, USA, British Club and soon China would have that complete capability!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2011-8-31 11:55 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 09:59:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-8-29 13:05
Mr. Kiwi

May I remind you that the oceans are VERY VAST territories.
It's not easy to find a SSK once it's gone "all silent"..........

a needle in a haystack.
The new SSK are very ...

Oh yes, I know these things and I'm sure you're aware. I am well informed of miltech etc, extremely aware but, SSKs are detectable with tech available now, in some militaries. Yes, the oceans are vast, but technology negates much of that advantage for the enemy.SSKs are, inherently quiet yes, but, there are incoming technologies that can detect them, and destroy them....advantage....back to the hunter!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 13:25:09 |Display all floors

Reply #19 exportedkiwi's post

Does that mean it'll be likely that SSK squadrons WILL DEVELOP decoy, mimics to confuse ASW ships?

I was thinking about the 5th generation miitary and Basic schooling this few weeks.

What if they set remote control submarine decoy, with similar sound signature.
Needs a bit of a leap of faith in SONAR SIGNATURE, TRIANGULATION technologies.
They would also need to map "quite literally" entire sea bed, how different currents, temperature will affect the "sonar triangulation" calculations.

Maybe, what you said previously about GEOSTATIONARY spy satellite spotting OCEAN SURFACE anomalies would work.

It's probably a VERY COMPLEX science.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 15:10:06 |Display all floors

Reply #20 greendragon's post

The ocean floor and currents are mapped now, and technology is avaialble to detect subs in all areas of the worlds oceans now except under the icecaps. The technology is in use to detect sub caused surface anomolies now, but there is another tech, I can't speak of yet that is available also. Subs routinely deploy with acoustic decoys on board now and have been doing so for years.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.