Views: 5980|Replies: 5

missing Vietnamese brides in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-22 00:28:56 |Display all floors
21 August 2011.

Police in China have launched an investigation into the suspected abduction of about 100 Vietnamese women who had been sold as brides to Chinese men, state media said.

The missing women had been living in remote villages in the central province of Hunan, the official Xinhua news agency said late Saturday, citing local police and family members.

After the women disappeared, some husbands received phone calls ordering them to pay ransoms or their wives would be sold again, Xinhua said.

The report did not say when the women disappeared.

Local police would not comment on the investigation when contacted by AFP on Sunday.

Hu Jianhe, who paid 36,388 yuan (about $5,700) for his Vietnamese bride in 2008, said his wife called him two months after she went missing.

"She sobbed and told me that she was kidnapped and sold to another remote village and needed 20,000 yuan to ransom her back," Hu was quoted as saying.

The exact number of missing women could be higher than 100 as some men may be reluctant to report their wives missing for fear of being accused of trafficking, Xinhua said.

The widening gender gap in China has fuelled bride trafficking and prostitution in the world's most populous country.

The gap between the sexes has long been attributed to China's "one-child" family planning policy, which has resulted in more male births due to a traditional preference for male children.

A census recently completed in the country found 118.06 males were born in China to every 100 baby girls over the past 10 years.

A study last year warned that over 24 million men of marrying age could find themselves without wives in 2020, a potentially explosive social problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 08:01:15 |Display all floors
China can either increase the women available in surrounding countries, or reduce the male population in surrounding countries. Both achieve the same results.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 09:21:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-22 09:46
So not even China's foreign neighbours are safe from marauding Chinese males high on testosterone and low on morality.

Sorry mate, but I disagree with this. You can't blame the men of China for the inadequacies of their population planning leadership. I daresay that if it were you, or I, we'd do the same as them out of sheer necessity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 16:38:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-24 13:15
4: Of course, the Chinese males bear sole responsibility for this demographic imbalance. It is the males that require male offspring to continue family name traditions; it is males that pay dowries ...

solution to set a counter incentive?

in a fair and equal purely coincidential lottery on Newborn,
the precise excess male population is to receive a post natal abortion.
With no second attempt to go for for the parents.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 21:33:43 |Display all floors
I really feef pity for the chinese man,i can not  believe that  a  alleged wife you bought will realy love you? come on ,it is not the really love comes by bought,so I do not feel amazing bride will runaway from their husband if your wife comes by money.in fact, I am really anygry with  the bride's parents,I just want to know how they can treat their doughters as goods? in my opinion,all  the parents in the world who love their kids deeply.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-25 13:55:52 |Display all floors
These Vietnamese women are lucky they are not in Guantanamo prison or other secret Western prisons. They would be gang raped and murdered by many Western war crime soldiers. Then they would be accused of terrorism by Western propaganda media. Western men also have higher crimes rates and divorce rates than East Asian men.

Quite pathetic when you consider Westerners stole international resources and enslaved people worldwide for 500 years.

No surprise the West is struggling now. A criminal can only succeed by hurting innocent people but when innocent people fight back the criminal is in trouble!

Now the Western losers can only post propaganda because that is the only job they can do!

[ Last edited by Honorable Q at 2011-8-25 02:00 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.