Views: 2489|Replies: 11

Are a large amount of Kings in China's government? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-17 08:29:37 |Display all floors
In history, a prince would inherit the power from his father after the king retired. There are many kings leading by the emperor in ancient China.

Is there a king in mainland China yet?
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-17 08:30:02 |Display all floors
Local government in Zaozhuang, Shandong province, published a "Teacher Recruitment Notice" in August, 2011. One job requirement is "the applicants' parents should be government employee in local government or local government-owned organizations."

"In the past here was poor. Now the economic development is growing rapidly. The former government employee have made great achievements. It's their rights to keep the jobs for their children." a local government official said in a telephone interview of August 15, 2011,

The local government official also said, "It's a widespread phenomenon. Other local government of Shandong province have also such restrictions. We did it for local 'Ordinary Chinese'."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-17 08:30:22 |Display all floors
Source of #2 post: a newspaper in Guangzhou, Guangdong province
2011-08-16
16:14:05
http://news.163.com/11/0816/16/7BJERI1A00011229.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-17 08:30:34 |Display all floors
explanation: What does "Ordinary Chinese" mean?

The official propaganda often call government employee by "the Servant; call the rest of Chinese by "the Lord".

The rest of Chinese often call government employee by "the Parent" ("Fu mu Guan" in mandarin);  call themselves by "the Son" ("Zi Min" in mandarin), or "Ordinary Chinese", or "Slave Chinese" ("Pi Min" in mandarin).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-17 08:37:42 |Display all floors
In my childhood, I often heard such stories. One more guy in our village was going to inherit his father's job after his father retired. He would turn into a "City people". He would have a good living in future.

In the past, almost all of city people worked for government or government-owned organizations. Sons could inherit the jobs, not the positions, of their parents after their parents retired. Local government and Government-owned organizations had the responsibilities to create jobs for the children of government employee.  

Maybe this type of laws and reuglations began from the beginning of Deng's reform in the late 1970s. Maybe the laws began a little earlier. I am not quite sure.

Central government and local government in mainland China began to cancel this type of laws as our government began to privatize government-owned organizations in 1990s.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-17 08:41:27 |Display all floors

What does "My dad is Li Gang" mean?

In mainland China, you often find a guy's grandfather works in provincial government;
that guy's father works in municipal government;
that guy's mother works in city council;
that guy's uncle works in land bureau of municipal government;
that guy's aunt works in the Police;
that guy's another uncle works as a court judge;
that guy's another aunt works in local bank;
that guy's another uncle works in local CPC discipline committee;
that guy's another

No doubt, that type of guys would shout "My dad is Li Gang!"

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-8-17 08:45 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-17 08:44:34 |Display all floors
Are that type of guys are the kings and the princes?

I always have to show special respect to those "kings" and "princes".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.