Author: DSseeing

What would you do if your girlfriend's father didn't like you?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-20 01:08:23 |Display all floors
First off if you aren't seriously looking at your girlfriend as a wife then what her father thinks of you is probably not going to matter much.  However if you are serious about her then you are going to need to win him over and that will probably require a lot of hard work on your part.

I'd suggest a good way to start is to develop a 1, 5 and 10 year plan of where you see yourself and your girl, you are going to have to do financial projections, career projections, social projections the whole 9 yards including plans for filial piety and I assume she's an only child then taking care of her parents as well.

If you aren't already doing it, start saving and a save as much as you can. If your girlfriend is serious about you she will not mind and she will encourage you to do this as it will give her something solid to work on her father with.

One other means of persuasion that no one has mentioned it to meet your girlfriends aunts and uncles and other family, if you can persuade them that you are a really nice genuine honest and hard working person then they will put a good word in for you with her father.  I'm sure you are aware that in China you don't just marry the woman, you marry the whole family.

Good luck.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-20 04:18:48 |Display all floors
It's the biggest problem I'm facing. He doesn't like me. We only met once and had dinner. My girlfriend didn't tell me what his father told her exactly.

I don't expect that he would say something nice, cause my girlfriend was upset after they got home
It's basically a matter of money I think, lving in Beijing, I can't afford anapartment, and I don't have that Stupid Beijing Hukou (household registration certificate).

What should I do?

Meet him more often. Build a connection with him. Just having dinner once is by far not enough for him to really know you - you need to meet him more often!

If you were in his shoes, what would you expect your daughters bf to do? And do you trust people whom you've only met once?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-6-20 14:21:52 |Display all floors
account11326 Post time: 2012-5-1 12:48
My girlfriend is very beautiful ,and her family is wealthy.Even though we love each other deep,i wan ...

Beautiful and Wealthy !!!

That's all you need to know.. MARRY HER FAST

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-13 16:12:46 |Display all floors
What should I do?

Move out to another country

Chinese culture is very strong and hard

Money talks, like a capitalist country as China

sorry, i am too honest

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-13 16:14:59 |Display all floors
account11326 Post time: 2012-5-1 12:48
My girlfriend is very beautiful ,and her family is wealthy.Even though we love each other deep,i wan ...

if you experience same problem as the OP

follow my advice in post 25

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-7-15 01:37:21 |Display all floors
Methinbks you should listen to Ghosty...He has a lot of experience in these matters
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-7-15 01:39:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by snappysammy at 2012-7-15 01:39

Nobody Likes YOU on this Forum either.....Maybe you should consider  living in a Monastery in Tibet
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.