Author: jinseng

China on-off goal to construct carrier battle groups: Turkey shoots by America [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-16 12:21:21 |Display all floors

Reply #13 sansukong's post

Due to the historical reminder of a WORLD WAR 2 scale of destruction!!!!!

TOTAL WAR, not like the wars of ancient past - where it's mostly between soldiers. Nowadays civilians, industries, farmlands are also affected in modern wars. The new modern warfare would mean, not many cities in our world would escape destruction.

So, you have to suspect - AS RATIONAL BEINGS - munition factories, even emergency stores of food, materials and the machineries including libraries has been created in the case of the inevitable!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 12:25:24 |Display all floors

Or modern day NOAH ARKS

.........must be PREPARED in all the BIG POWERS.

They must have selected important CITIZENS - like scientist, engineers, technicians, entertainers, chefs, architecture and probably random lotteries on workman of all categories.

I suspect, a state like China, would have NOAH ARKS for at least 1% of it's citizens
13 million people (including probably 130,000 soldiers, 130,000 police to maintain security)

United States, Russia, France, UK must have similar plans.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 12:42:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jinseng at 2011-8-10 23:53
China on-off goal to construct carrier battle groups: Turkey shoots by America
Lau Guan Kim
30 April 2009

© 2009. All rights reserved.
[Autho ...

My Dear Mr. Lau, please allow me to say this: Now, I know why SL Lee of Asiawind mistrusted you even after having appointed you as one of the mods there: it's because you a traitor to him, and you a traitor to your very roots (China) when you step on her like that. I feel sorry for you and I personally apologize to SL for having viewed him as having been harsh on you.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 12:57:47 |Display all floors

Reply #14 greendragon's post

By sheer numbers and spread, mathematically and logically speaking, the last man

remain standing would be a Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 13:02:14 |Display all floors

Very True

But it would mean VERY CRAZY "nuts" IN CHARGE in USA, UK, FRANCE and RUSSIA.

The fight, when occuring, will be very limited in scale.
We do expect the PLA, PLAN, PLAFF, 2nd artillery, CNSA to be "smart", "responsible" to assymetrically match capability of any such powers with NUTS in charge!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 13:22:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-8-14 18:24
I agree with you that China, in order to havea viable carrier fleet, would need around 5 vessels to keep 2-3 deployable at any time. The reason WHY China feels it need these vessels is the intrigui ...

Kiwi, my Dear bosom buddy friend, have you ever heard of the terminology [a thousand li's starts with but a single step]? Now, how would you put the same terminology in the form of Kiwinglish (:) again???

Please... Kiwi, don't jump in on Mr. lau's bandwagon because he is a turncoat and have been ever since he put a new battery in that defibrillator of his some ten years back. You see, he used to be a diehard ChiCom like me until one day he got zapped aboard a UFO and kaboom, he had a total personality transformation. none of us can recognize him from that day onwards. Yes, it is that serious.  

Anyway, if you are still in doubt about the smarts of the ChiComs or simply, about the smarts of a Chinese person, simply ask yourself this: Why all of that anxiousness and why the extremes of commotions over but a single Chinese carrier -- a carrier they were sure the ChiCom does not have the won't have the expertise to bring to life again.  I think such an impending question speaks volumes, don't you agree?

Yes, why won't they ask India this same question? why do you need carriers??? And for Japan who demanded the same from China, let me demand in return: why does Imperial japan needed carriers in WW1 and in WWII?

The answer to the question why China needs carriers: it's to defend against carrier extortions/blackmails extended by the Americans .
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 19:53:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.