Author: 468259058

Mainland Chinese Official Language Style Guides [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-4 12:37:17 |Display all floors
If one high ranking CPC member or government leader died, the formula is:

Chinese excellent (outstanding) *** member, a long-tested and loyal (faithful) *** fighter and a proletarian revolutionary, ***nary, ***nary, ***, an outstanding ***, the former ***, ***, ***, ****, passed away in Beijing, at the age of **.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-27 09:04:06 |Display all floors
"However modest, ambiguous -  and, from China's perspective, defensive – this is possibly the first direct piece of visual evidence from an official Chinese government source to undermine Beijing's official claims never to engage in overseas hacking of any kind for government purposes.

The US and Israel are also widely believed to have been responsible for the Stuxnet virus, which reportedly disrupted Iran's nuclear programme."

from guardian.co.uk, Thursday 25 August 2011

+++++++++++++++++++++
China will never seek hegemony: offical
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2011-01-16 07:59
h ttp://w ww.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-01/16/content_11860173.htm

No matter who said, do you trust the word "Never to" or "Any Kind", "Never Seek"?

Do Beijing's officials have the diplomatic art of talking to domestic and foreign media?

Why do Beijing's officials like to always choose the word "Never", "For Ever", "Any Kind"

Do Washington's officials often choose such type of words?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-27 09:05:17 |Display all floors
"However modest, ambiguous - and, from China's perspective, defensive - this is possibly the first direct piece of visual evidence from an official Chinese government source to undermine Beijing's official claims never to engage in overseas hacking of any kind for government purposes.

The US and Israel are also widely believed to have been responsible for the Stuxnet virus, which reportedly disrupted Iran's nuclear programme."

from guardian.co.uk, Thursday 25 August 2011

+++++++++++++++++++++
China will never seek hegemony: offical
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2011-01-16 07:59
h ttp://w ww.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-01/16/content_11860173.htm

No matter who said, do you trust the word "Never to" or "Any Kind", "Never Seek"?

Do Beijing's officials have the diplomatic art of talking to domestic and foreign media?

Why do Beijing's officials like to always choose the word "Never", "For Ever", "Any Kind"

Do Washington's officials often choose such type of words?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 10:01:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-28 08:21
So what's new?
Since I first read a CHINA DAILY eons ago, the expression "peaceful (sic!) liberation" has always been used when referring to invasions committed by the PLA on territory ...

Do you mean the T-i-b-e-t?

From 1946 to 1960,

Actually Beijing city was under the rule of CPC through "Peaceful liberation" - without fierce fighting.

Shanghai city was under the rule of CPC through fierce fighting against KMT army.  
(Most soldiers of CPC - PLA - are from my hometown in the battle of occupying Shanghai. In the early 1990s, most of the streets' names in Pudong, Shanghai, are from the towns' names of Shandong province.)

T-i--b-e-t was under the rule of CPC through "Peaceful liberation" - without fierce fighting.

Jinmen was not under the rule of CPC even after fierce fighting. Now, Jinmen town is still under the rule of Teipei government, not Beijing CPC government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 10:35:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-8-28 10:01
Most soldiers of CPC - PLA - are from my hometown in the battle of occupying Shanghai.  

Shandong provincial soldiers were the largest group in KMT army - national army - among the whole provinces when the KMT central government retreated to Taipei.

Shandong provincial soldiers were the largest group too in CPC army - PLA - among provinces when the CPC Beijing government occupied one city after another, one province after another in mainland China.

But Shandong provincial Generals were few in both CPC and KMT parties that time.

So, many people said people from Shandong are the fool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 11:03:58 |Display all floors

represent

A Chinese journalist ran into South Korea, and shouted out, I represented the whole Asian people in a press conference held by U.S. president Obama.

Government officials at all levels used to say, I represent these people, I represent those people.

++++++++++++
Many ordinary people in forums used to say, I was forced to be represented. when they joked at those speeches.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-29 09:19:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-29 09:01
Well, at least 3000 people were shackled and then murdered. Peaceful?

I don't know how many people died there.

But in the battles to occupy some other provinces and cities from 1945 to 1960,
In Liaoshen battle, 0.6 million soldiers died;
In Huaihai battle, 0.7 million soldiers died;
In Pingjin battle, more than 0.1 million soldiers died.

Compare with those battles, it could be called by "Peace" if only 3,000 people died.

The source of death toll in Liaoshen battle, Huaihai battle, and Pingjin battle:
http://baike.baidu.com/view/33754.htm

+++++++++++++++
When Mao Zedong's army occupy Jinan, our city, a fierce fighting against Kiang kaishek's army took place too, not "peaceful liberation".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.