Author: JFenix

Norway massacre exposes incendiary immigration issue [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-7-28 14:30:54 |Display all floors
Anders Behring Breivik said he killed 93 people to spark a "revolution" against the multiculturalism he believed was sapping Europe's heritage. He’s so insane to kill the innocents. Though, i am glad that he surrendered. i read this here: Norway massacre suspect wants to be heard.

The authorities should not let him get out of jail because we’ll never now what was his next plan. He killed 93 people, 80 were youngsters. What’s next?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 14:33:19 |Display all floors
He's maybe out of his mind.

[ Last edited by KaiserG at 2011-8-4 12:05 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 17:24:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-7-26 03:11
Put down the crack pipe timbo.

Sadly, I think he's well and truly hooked, JFenix !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 18:53:07 |Display all floors
'disrespectful' drawings?  

Oh please - give me a freakin break here.  It was a political cartoon.  

Every political cartoon is 'disrespectful' to someone.  

The two incidents have nothing to do with one another.  

One person was just doing his job.  The other is the work of a madman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 19:06:47 |Display all floors
I think that cartoon did contribute to much of the bad image people have of musIims.  

Not because of the cartoon itself, but the reaction or extreme over-reaction to it.

Its a sort of blackmail - insult us and people DIE!

This kind of blackmail has done so much more harm than good.  It has stifled any real open debates.

Everyone is too afraid of pissing someone off and creating another crisis where people die.

So hatred boils beneath the surface instead of being confronted and changed.

I think europeans have a legitimate gripe on how musIim immigration has been handled over the last 10 years.

Its been a disaster.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 19:11:48 |Display all floors
In the US, we can have open debates on illegal mexican immigration and the mexicans don't riot and go on killing sprees because we offended them.

Giving musIims special treatment that no one else receives is going to cause resentment. Its a problem.

We can criticize christian right-wingers in the US with as many non-flattering cartoons and rhetoric, why can't we do the same with lslamic groups?

You have to treat everyone equally.  If  there are some musIims who can't handle that, too freakin bad.  Its time to grow up!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 19:15:20 |Display all floors
We know he had contact with the far-right British National Party before the shootings.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.