Author: DSseeing

CNN apologize for “the most disgusting food” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-7-12 06:59:13 |Display all floors
Pi-dans are great with Chinese porridge. The problem lies with the name 'THOUSAND YEAR' eggs.    Eggs past the expiration date  would only  be associated as rotten and disgusting by those who are used to fresh eggs,  CNN was merely reporting opinions of diverse people. Demanding an apology  makes the manufacturers look petulant and intolerant of different taste buds.  Perhaps they should spend more time re-branding the image of pi-dan to to make it more appealing to non-Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-13 03:43:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-13 21:13:06 |Display all floors

"Disgusting" is a strong emotional word!

In my opinion, the choice of word is intended to elicit strong emotional response ..."disgusting" is a very strong emotional word.

What did CNN people expect when they used such word?....definitely certain ethnic groups are not too pleased about such personal opinion especially printed on CNN.

Imagine if Washington daily prints <Head cheese is the most disgusting food in the world>,  how would the European people feel about that?...yes, it is true...they might just laugh it off or call the Americans ignorant.

I guess the fact remains that  now a day anyone can say anything outrageous and simply just wait for the response to come in ...they have expected all kind of responses...praises and curses are all welcome!...as long as the products sell or their intentions are met.

I believe most importantly is to generate a "hot" discussion and get all the attention they have wanted and anticipated...unless this is truly an oversight...but how can it be?...CNN people are smart people...they can not be so inexperienced and ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-14 02:02:35 |Display all floors

Dan Rather

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-14 13:17:24 |Display all floors
Most disgusting brain food is Jewish propaganda from CNN and Fox news. Most disgusting real food is junk food for Western nations. Filled with carcinogens called fake coloring, fake flavors, preservatives, fake sugars, fake ingredients, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-14 17:05:33 |Display all floors
Filled with carcinogens called fake coloring, fake flavors, preservatives, fake sugars, fake ingredients, etc.

The amount of carcinogens is much higher in Chinese restaurants, especially if the use used cooking oil - so be careful on that one.

However, food should be good - I don't give a damn about whether it's healthy or not. So when I am in China, I eat what I like - although it increases my risk of getting cancer. Already the fact that I breath Chinese air increases this risk significally...
But if you look at the over all picture, you'll find that the unhealthiest thing is unhappiness. And even if you have a happy life and die at the age of 90 it's still better than if you had an unhappy one and die with 100.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-14 17:12:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magnetic1974 at 2011-7-13 03:43
American food is most nasty and dangerous food in the world, all they eat is red meat and that why so many of them die of cancer. I love Chinese foods, because more vegitable and healthier.

Popu ...

Wrong.....   Cancer rates in China are one of the highest in the world.  Too much cooking oil and vegetables treated with dangerous chemicals.  Sh1tty air quality and water quality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.