Author: ssnemesis

Human Rights Abuse - What the UK doesn't want you to know [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-25 00:25:38 |Display all floors

I find this whole thread strange and unbelievable

Complain all you want about the state taking control - but the flip side of that is total neglect.

We have elderly persons die each year in their homes from needless neglect.  Last winter a man died in his bed from freezing to death.  His utilities were off, he had dementia - no one was checking on him, no one was taking care of him at all.

Is that how a civilized society treats its elderly?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-25 00:34:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-6-25 00:25
Complain all you want about the state taking control - but the flip side of that is total neglect.

We have elderly persons die each year in their homes from needless neglect.  Last winter a man  ...

Yes, if serious neglegt is found by the custodian, custody will be reassesed, and if necessary taken by the council.
If any wrongful decision was made there, op was in court, not here.
Solution, don't neglegt in the first place.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-25 00:34:59 |Display all floors

And so ........

We find that people in the UK who have faced up to iniquity and war time conditions ........

Are being robbed .........

And discarded ...........

By their very own system ......

Oh dear ..............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-25 00:36:37 |Display all floors

A question of money

I have asked that my father receives care in his own home but social services refuse that.

The following is a quote from the annual report of the director of social services in my area -

It is no longer cheaper to support someone at home than in a residential or
nursing home and this reality will present an ongoing challenge due to limited
resources, even though our preferred intention is to avoid people having to
leave their own homes. There has been an increase in the number of people
using Direct Payments and this may provide the best long-term option, as it
will allow people to make arrangements to meet their own needs, however
complex.

Is it now the case that social services are targeting those they believe have the ability to pay and placing them in CH in order to subsidize other services?

As other cases have been mentioned in the press about fee paying individuals being seen as a source of revenue I have to ask in whose 'best interest' social services operate
and is the motivation care of the individual or the need to balance the books.

You may find this link informative Who pays for the elderly - not the State

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-25 00:46:30 |Display all floors

It may smell fishy....

but it is in fact true. Like I said this is the side of the UK that they rather the World did not know about yet they are keen to say how many criminals are executedeach year in China, that the Chinese authorities let people die on the streets, how cheap Chinese labour working in sweat shops steal our jobs, how inflationis all down to the Chinese not devaluing their currency etc. Perhaps it is time for economists in the West to learn from China's economic policies rather than attack them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-25 00:47:11 |Display all floors

Um....the obvious question - why aren't you providing the money needed for his care at home?  Or better yet, why aren't you providing the care at home?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-25 00:48:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ssnemesis at 2011-6-25 00:46
but it is in fact true. Like I said this is the side of the UK that they rather the World did not know about yet they are keen to say how many criminals are executedeach year in China, that the Chi ...

But China has even less of an answer for care of their elderly.

????

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.