Author: 468259058

Today's Beijing: Oriental Venice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-24 11:27:39 |Display all floors

Hmmmmm, Rather strange to have floods in Beijing!

It's the power of the FORCE!
We must get Master Yoda to help!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 13:20:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-6-24 10:50
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-6-24 11:27
It was a sudden downpour around the evening rush hour.  Many vehicles and people were stuck on the road. What's the big fuss?  

I've once been caught in such a rain over here in Danfeng Jie across RT-Mart,
within Minutes the Water rose up to my knees - while I was actually on my Bycicle!
Being reminded of that by the Pictures, I guess I figured out now why the Metro Entries here are not built at ground level but a few steps up first.

Just wondering though where they want to place them at the future changing station of the planned lines 4 and 5, an ease of traffic at Shanghai Lu Beijing Xi Lu with it's annoyingly long red time will be great, no doubt,
but just can't figure out where there is enough place there to place metro Entries in the first place.

Also would suggest to coordinate with other plans for beijing,

here they first ripped up streets and replaced the tarmac everywhere,
and then ripped them up again for things like new drainage systems in my old Neighbourhood and metro line 3 under Taiping bei Lu,
wonder why not first figuring out neary other works scheduled in those places and then first go ahead with works on roads that are not otherwise going to be ripped up soon, and then in places with works scheduled combine both plans.

so much for quite a bit going OT
Just hope noone got seriously injured in those storms.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-24 14:45:39 |Display all floors
Downtown area in Qingdao (Tsingtao)

After a heavy rain,
no accumulated water was in Old downtown area;
people had to suffer the deep rainwater on the road in New downtown area.

Why?

The major contribution is from the good city planning of Old downtown area made by Germany 100 years ago.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 15:10:00 |Display all floors
I wasn't too badly affected.
I saw medium heavy rain from window,

changed into swimming pants, t-shirt and flip flops,
walked to swimming pool,
needed only little shower,
swim,
walk back home,
already showered by rain only needed to soap and shower off.
???
Profit.
:)
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 15:44:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2011-6-24 13:20

I guess I figured out now why the Metro Entries here are not built at ground level but a few steps up first.

A good Idea then, as long as the Drainage System can not 100% guarantee to keep the Nanjing from experiencing water entries as shown in #17 with entries at ground level at all times, and it currently couldn't.

But hey, accessable ramps at entries with stair lift would certainly be a good idea to make those lifts more than a nice gesture but actually useful,
and even with elevators down to the mid level, disabled people would still have to get on to the station, somehow.
and Escalators do NOT suit to that purpose.

And the steptsone pavements with guiding system for the blind all around china,
they are certainly a nice idea as well, but as long as they notoriously misslead,
or directly lead into death traps, nothing but, without taking them actually serious,
why not just make cheap tarmac sidewalks without any frills instead?

So seldomly actually seeing any blind people moving around in public here,
are the extra costs of those tiles compared to simple tarmac actually worth it,
might just do the tarmac and do a programm to supply them with guardian dogs.

whatever, I think it's raining outside,
guess I'll be over for a round of swimming then.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-6-24 15:55:27 |Display all floors

The situation is terrible as underpass is filled up by water.I even didnt  think of it.Its a bad show,really.The city govt busy with beautiful buildings but not with drainage system.Total failure,sorry.

[ Last edited by aziz at 2011-6-24 03:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 16:07:18 |Display all floors

Well, TIC, 'nuff said.

Originally posted by aziz at 2011-6-24 15:55
Total failure,sorry
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.