Author: 468259058

Chinese government forgave Japanese invasion while Chinese don't forgive, Why? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-5-24 14:58:35 |Display all floors
Just after WWI, Japan raised the question: Race Equality should be one of the basic principles.

That time East Asian nations are dicriminated by the Western nations.

But this proposal was denied by the western countries represented by U.K and Fance.  

This is partly contributed to the following WW2.

Maybe Some japanese still defend their actions.
In 1930s, Japanese politicans want to unite the whole East Asian nations and defended the mutual benefits.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-5-24 10:17 PM ]
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-24 21:17:55 |Display all floors
# 11

True and it's all a matter of shame and face. After all we're talking about East Asian societies and face is everything.

As for compensation - I'm too tired to look in the joint Sino-Japanese protocol from 1972 (on the occasion of reestablishing diplomatic relations again) but remember than China agreed not to accept monetary compensation for war attrocities but rather interest-free or subsidized ODA loans. You can check this out yourself. Btw, this subject was dealt with several times.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-24 21:25:51 |Display all floors
# 13

1. But did you ask what Chinese feel when Japanese present government and government officials kowtowed to the number 1 killers?
Copy code

The Yasukuni jinja problem is something that will not easily go away. Both major parties, the LDP and DPJ have each a wide spectrum from ultra right to left of the center. This is not different from China where you can also find party members at the right or left end of the spectrum.

I for one despise politicians who visit the Yasukuni shrine, be it officially or privately. In my eyes this is offensive and counter productive to the interests of JP.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-24 21:27:58 |Display all floors

look at the briter side...

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-5-23 15:59
Supposed German built a momument of Hiltler, Government and its officials leading by the president of German often  kowtowed to Hiltler statue.

Would UK and US keep a peace with German now?

we're all in the same family, and regardless of our differences just like india, pak, sri, bangadesh, ETC  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-24 21:30:22 |Display all floors
Both governments are not doing enough to help their people to overcome.

More exchange programs are needed, especially with student groups.

More symbolic gestures and verbal acknowledgements are needed.

Economic ties and trade exchanges alone do not cut it.

Only people to people communication, face to face discussions will ment the wounds over time.

And financial compensation - but that is now too late !

And - settling regional border dispute must be done in a different way.

No provocation by intruding into disputed territory.

A compromise, acceptable for both side, must be negotiated - which can also mean, sacrificing 1/2 of what was claimed before (by both sides like Germany and Poland).

Revise and tone down your history books for students (in Japan and in China).

(Best example France and Germany)

[ Last edited by 13403606 at 2011-5-24 09:40 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-24 21:37:43 |Display all floors
# 15

1. Maybe Some japanese still defend their actions.
  2. In 1930s, Japanese politicans want to unite the whole East Asian nations and defended the mutual benefits.
Copy code

I never was nor will I ever be a friend of the so called 'East Asian co-prosperity sphere' . This was just a slogan to camouflage conquest for the right to obtain easy raw materials. Of course there are still Japanese who defend the actions of the Imperial Army. These are the same criminals and Yakuza-linked 1d1ots who drive with their black trucks on weekends all over the town(s), play military music and dwell in the past. But don't take them for the voice of the people. They are a minority but unfortunately backed by some politicians of the conservative right. As I wrote elsewhere - 1d1ot's can be found everywhere, 1d1ocy knows no boundaries.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-24 21:54:55 |Display all floors
# 21

It's not often that I agree with you but this time wholeheartedly (sp?)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.