Author: ttt222

Tibet's population tops 3 million; 90% are Tibetans [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-5-13 02:38:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-5-13 02:31
43ö More profound astonishment on my part, Dear Satsu: How on Earth can a German expatriate living the good life of a German expat in Tokyo expect a mere religious guide to come up with perfec ...

Cool ..........................

There is the proof ...........

Arbitrary numbers from arbitrary people  .........

Good post  ..........

Thanks for that .............

NEXT ............

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-13 12:15:14 |Display all floors
# 46

1. 43ö More profound astonishment on my part, Dear Satsu: How on Earth can a German expatriate living the good life of a German expat in Tokyo expect a mere religious guide to come up with perfect stats from a region noted for its backwardness and rusticality when said German expat in Tokyo accepts any numbers packaged and labelled asn "stats" by the CPC clique at their face value although he is in a hopeless minority in doing that?
Copy code

In absence of agruments you now retort again to speculation? OK, let me join in this speculation game, ok?
How on earth can a rancorous foreigner (East European or Indian - I don't care), back a medieval clique and its aim? A clique which is well known for its backwardness and lack of reality and why said foreigner believes the lies and numbers, labeled as truth by the Taramtala clique as face value although not even a majority among westerners does believe this cr@p?

Questions over questions?

Waiting for your next step to respond with alteration of the subject.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-13 20:53:58 |Display all floors
# 49

1. "Medieval clique"???

2. Define that, please. European medieaval period, Teabeddan, Chinese, Indian, Japanese?
Copy code

By any intl. standard. May I recommend you the book 'Three years in T    b.'   by Kawaguchi Eikai. It deals with the province as it was when the Brits conquered it in the early 20s century.

1. None of the above coincides with the DL's life.
Copy code

Of course not. Have you ever heard of a medieval ruler in modern times who lives the way he wants his subjects to live? For him and his inner circle he's a modern autocrat. Only his serves and slaves, the vast majority of the people, are supposed to live in misery.

1. As for "speculation"... it's hard to find posts from you that are not full of speculation. I mean it!
Copy code

If you mean it you'll certainly be able to quote some proof, right. I'm always willing to listen to scathing criticizm if it's justified especially from such esteemed sources as you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-13 23:09:27 |Display all floors

Well, it's the weekend again...

Originally posted by expatter at 2011-5-13 00:39
  ............................................................................................................................  

Perhaps we'll be subjected to a barrage of bai-jiu posts from my dear friend, senny.

It's a curious thing but I've noticed that lately even his 'normal posts' read like bai-jiu posts leading me to wonder and be concerned that he might be in a state of constant 'bai-jiuism' (please note I said 'jiuism' and not 'jewism'. I would hate to be unjustly accused of being anti-jew.)

My dear friend, senny, does seem to have 'issues', something which, I believe you've also noticed in one of your earlier posts. I also believe you hoped that those issues were far away from him and not anywhere close to home... I hope so, too...

If it is close to home then I can only advise my dear friend, senny, to take heart and be like the old man in the Chinese fable, 'The Old Man who moved the mountain'. Not liking the mountain so close to his home this old man took a spoon and began chipping away at the mountain. In time it became a molehill...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-14 00:34:32 |Display all floors

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

Originally posted by seneca at 2011-5-12 16:12
40: I suggest you read Mr French's book from cover to cover and refrain from attributing to him intentions that other readers cannot detect.

He is still as unconvinced by the Chinese claims as I ...

"I suggest you read Mr French's book from cover to cover..."

Well, I haven't, yet. But I have read many of the reviews of his books and have followed his development as a human being based on his relevant works. And it's quite educational. From a 16 year old starry eyed teen in awe of his hero TheLie Lama to a now wizened man disturbed by the knowledge that his hero had contributed to the sufferings of his own people. (So said some of the reviewers)

No doubt his interest and fascination in Thebet led him to write a biography on Younghusband (1994), the British imperialist, mystic and uncertified nutcase who harbored dreams of having a godchild, not to mention betting that he could make Thebet a vassal state of britain. I'm sure that must've been an eyeopener to French who was probably dismayed to discover that his beloved britain was a prime aggressor in that area.

Did this prompt him to wonder at the Chinese aggression he had heard and read so much about? Was this why he went to the area in the years following his book on Younghusband? To see for himself? What did he find? According to wikileaks, "In 1999, following a trip to Thebet and neighboring regions, he resigned the chairmanship of Free Thebet Campaign , . He explained this decision with these words: "I doubt that a free Thebet has any meaning without a free China."

Eh....?

He RESIGNED chairmanship? Resigned?! Surely that is very strange behaviour for someone who's 100% gungho for TheLie Lama and his 'oppressed' masses! One would have thought he'd have his Chairmanship renewed in perpetuity after his visit! What happened?

And how does he explain his resignation? "I doubt etc...." What a curious statement! So ambiguous...and nebulous...and, yes, evasive....! WHAT HAPPENED? Something must've happened for him to step down from the Chairmanship, and the lofty moral perch he once stood upon.

In my guesstimation what he saw with his own eyes when he went there went some ways in helping to shatter his illusions. With his own eyes he probably saw that he had been fooled, deluded by the TheLie Lama and his exiled followers. What a come down that must've been!

He then wrote his book, an honest work. And he appears to take a suitably adjusted stance. No longer 100% behind the TheLie lama and his exiled followers, he now apportions blame to all parties concerned. Very wise. Very balanced. Very Yin-Yang. Very Chinese of him.....

"In fact, he and I see the majority of things the same way."

Now, now, senny, my dear friend. Stop begging. That's called 'the poor man's self aggrandisement'. When did you ever experience an awakening as French clearly did. And when did you ever acknowledge it, as French did? In other words when were you ever as honest as French was...?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-14 20:45:34 |Display all floors
  1. Oh, I see: Satsu trotting out his stereotypes again. "The Dalai clique", "the primitive living conditions", "the lord versus the slaves" dichotomy etc. Satsu, you have nothing new to report, right? You are living in the past, the period when the evilolution took place all over China and spilled into Teabed and Xinjiang.
Copy code

How can I report something new about a clique of boneheads unable to adjust to the modern word? The world expects something new from your 'comrades in arms'.

1. By the way, you are the only person I know that's pretending the Brits "conquered" Teabed. Yes, they invaded it, quite brutally, but "conquer" describes a somewhat different situation. It describes what the Chinese have done. Note the different tense...
Copy code

That's your version. Of course you're entitled to it.

Btw, I'm still waiting for some examples of my speculations as I've kindly requested in my previous post. Never mind if you're unable to find some. Just construct a few.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-14 22:24:26 |Display all floors

Originally posted by seneca at 2011-5-14 15:45
51, 52: Soliloquising all day long, are you, Master Chocolatier?

By the way, I don't go for such a horrible brew as baijiu. I drink wine, and seldom white wine for that matter although I do enj ...

What, ho! No comment on French, who after having spent years of supporting The Lie L.ama, and as Chairman of Free The bet organization, RESIGNS that chairmanship AFTER his trip to the said area...? No Speculations on your part as to any possible reasons...? Your weather-vane brain does not know where to point in the face of these gusty winds of indisputable facts...?

"By the way, I don't go for such a horrible brew as baijiu. I drink wine, and seldom white wine for that matter although I do enjoy a decent Chardonnay with a Sichuan hotpot from time to time."

Woooo, that's impressive! No doubt that sets you apart from us plebes who can only afford baijiu. I daresay you sip your Chardonnay with a crinkled, upturned nose and your little pinky turned heavenward. Me, I gulp and belch...  

"But you probably don't know the difference between water and pee because you have to "pass water" so many times a day you confuse it with your request "to pass me that bottle there, please". "

Last time I heard that was during first year of high school! Naturally, I laughed then. Since then, though, I've 'put away childish things'.

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.....!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.