Author: ttt222

Tibet's population tops 3 million; 90% are Tibetans [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-5-11 08:10:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by saltandpepper at 2011-5-11 04:48
This great CPC sacred duty is to crush any deseased insect, any terrorist separatist, any rabid running dog that dare to crawl and slither out of their gutter to rear their ugly dispicable head to  ...

bla bla bla..

mindless verbal diarrhoea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-11 09:28:52 |Display all floors
After reading this thread, all I can say is thank God for History as an open discourse. When i studied History at university we had professors from all over the world. In my honours year, one of my main professsors was a Chinese national, while another was Indian. I know they greatly appreciated the chance to read History.

In China there is no History as open discourse. No One Party State practices History, and everyone knows it. The sheer ignorance about Teabetan History exhibited on this forum only proves it. A cursory examination of the modern History of Teabet and its demographics shows that a minimum of 600 000 Teabetans remain unaccounted for after the invasion, with a maximum estimate of 1.2 million. The most likely number is around 800 000-900 000.

That kind of carnge cannot be silenced. It remains locked in the hearts of the people. Every now and again the rage boils over. The boiling will not go away until there is healing, and there will be no healing till people are allowed to tell the truth (and that will only be the beginning). That much is certain.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-11 17:20:27 |Display all floors
# 31

1. In China there is no History as open discourse. No One Party State practices History, and everyone knows it. The sheer ignorance about Teabetan History exhibited on this forum only proves it. A cursory examination of the modern History of Teabet and its demographics shows that a minimum of 600 000 Teabetans remain unaccounted for after the invasion, with a maximum estimate of 1.2 million. The most likely number is around 800 000-900 000.
Copy code

Looking at your figures I cannot but laugh at so much nonsense. What you're spreading here is the propaganda of the McLeodganj clique and its chief.   

I'm sure you have heard of a certain Patrick French, the former chief propagandist of the so called 'Free T.   b."   movement from south of the border. Even he stated in an NYT Op-Ed that after extensive research, he “found that there was absolutely no evidence to support that figure. It is a sheer fabrication.

And one more fact: Please keep in mind that during the CR destruction of monasteries was largely carried out by native T   bn   Red Guards and not by Han activists. There were not many Han activists at an altitude of more than 4k meters. They were themselves the ones who stood up against their former feudal masters. They, the majority of people, wanted to get rid of the medieval conditions so much cherished by the clique.

1. That kind of carnge cannot be silenced. It remains locked in the hearts of the people. Every now and again the rage boils over. The boiling will not go away until there is healing, and there will be no healing till people are allowed to tell the truth (and that will only be the beginning). That much is certain.
Copy code

Which people? The reactionaries in the diaspora? People like you who probably never came close to modern T   .  b?
Your truth is just that, a fabrication. You're yourself a product of heavy brainwashing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-11 17:22:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-5-6 22:55
Although in 1950 the 1.2 million people who lived there were allegedly wiped out ........

And these supposedly repressed people, according to total nonsense, are forcibly sterilized ............ ...

Yeah,and we all of course believe in official Chinese data.....that worked so well in the past.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-11 17:25:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2011-5-11 18:22

Yeah,and we all of course believe in official Chinese data.....that worked so well in the past.

You can believe what you like, best for you on Sunday mornings between 10 and 11 am. Does this suit you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-11 17:27:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-5-11 17:25

You can believe what you like, best for you on Sunday mornings between 10 and 11 am. Does this suit you?

Ouch....that would have hurt if I was Xtian and not atheist. Diverting the topic when it gets unpleasant....the old story.^^  Chinese government data...the most reliable in the world....LOL
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-5-11 17:33:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2011-5-11 18:27

Ouch....that would have hurt if I was Xtian and not atheist. Diverting the topic when it gets unpleasant....the old story.^^  Chinese government data...the most reliable in the world....LOL

I never divert topics. This is more the trademark of other people. Do you know any by chance?

This subject is not unpleasant for me but of course for propagandists from south of the border. You however come up with the subject of government data. You're probably dissatisfied with today's released figures?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.