Author: cjamesyee

Does God Exist?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-28 10:14:17 |Display all floors
Here let me quote what Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, said about the Holy Quran.

He said, “As often as we approach the Quran, it always proves repulsive anew; gradually, however, it attracts, it astonishes, and, in the end forces admiration.”

Goethe is one of the only three people to have had independently estimated adulthood age IQs at or above 225.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-28 10:37:08 |Display all floors
cjamesyee Post time: 2012-1-27 18:14
Here let me quote what Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, said about the Holy Quran.

He said, “As often  ...

But that wasn't good enough for him. He never joined islam.
----------------------------
    …I have found no confession of faith to which I could ally myself without reservation.
Now in my old age, however, I have learned of a sect, the Hypsistarians, who, hemmed in between
heathens, Jews and Christians, declared that they would treasure, admire, and honour the best,
the most perfect that might come to their knowledge, and in as much as it must have a close
connection to the Godhead, pay it reverence. A joyous light thus beamed at me suddenly out of a
dark age, for I had the feeling that all my life I had been aspiring to qualify as a Hypsistarian.
That, however, is no small task, for how does one, in the limitations of one's individuality,
come to know what is most excellent?

— from a letter to Sulpiz Boisserée dated 22 March 1831
----------------------------------------------
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 10:38:34 |Display all floors

Dr. Keith L. Moore is a Professor of Anatomy and Cell  Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.

Prof. Moore has since given numerous lectures on the topic  of embryology in the Qur'an. He is quoted in one of these lectures as saying:

"It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, or Allah,  because most of this knowledge was not discovered until many  centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have   been a messenger of God, or Allah."

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-29 14:08:54 |Display all floors
young-muslim-woman-makes-dua.jpg

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-29 14:16:35 |Display all floors
cjamesyee Post time: 2012-1-27 18:38
Dr. Keith L. Moore is a Professor of Anatomy and Cell  Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Cana ...

Moore's work on the Qur'an has aroused controversy among embryologists such as PZ Myers.
In 2002, Moore chose not to be interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on the subject
of his work on Islam, stating that "it's been ten or eleven years since I was involved in the
Qur'an."

In other words, "Never mind"
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-29 17:57:16 |Display all floors
When Dr. Moore first presented his findings in Toronto it caused quite a stir throughout Canada. It was on the front pages of some of the newspapers across Canada. One newspaper reporter asked Professor Moore,
"Don't you think That maybe the Arabs might have known about these things - the description of the embryo, its appearance and how it changes and grows? Maybe there were not scientists, but maybe they did some crude dissections on their own - carved up people and examined these things."

Professor Morre immediately pointed out to him, however, that he had missed a very important point. All of the slides of the embryo that Dr. Moore had based his study upon had come from pictures taken through a microscope. He said,
"It does not matter if someone had tried to discover embryology fourteen centuries ago, they could not have seen it!." Dr. Moore taunted, "Maybe fourteen centuries ago someone secretly had a microscope and did this research, making no mistakes anywhere. Then he somehow taught Muhammad and convinced him to put this information in his book. Then he destroyed his equipment and kept it a secret forever?. Do you believe that? You really should not unless you bring some proof because it is such a ridiculous theory."

When he was asked "How do you explain this information in the Qur'an?" Dr. Moore's reply was,
"It could only have been divinely revealed."

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.