Views: 1141|Replies: 4

Girl recovering after snake bite [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-24 08:08:43 |Display all floors
A nine-year-old girl is recovering in hospital after being bitten by a snake.

Tyler Butcher was walking with her family in the New Forest, Hampshire, on Friday when she was bitten by an 18-inch-long adder.
Her father, Kenny Butcher, called 999 and she was taken to the intensive care unit at Southampton General Hospital.

Mr Butcher said his daughter was in "absolute agony" as her leg went black as she suffered an allergic reaction to the bite.

He said that doctors decided to give her antivenom as the bruising got worse and she was transferred to a general ward.

Mr Butcher told Sky News: "We went up to the New Forest for a walk with some friends, we were literally walking back to the car when my daughter gave out a yelp.

"I thought she had stood on a nettle but when I looked down I saw the snake slithering away and saw the puncture marks on her foot.

"She literally lifted her leg off the the ground, standing on one leg, you can tell when your children are in pain and she was in absolute agony."

He said that he dialled 999 and she was taken by ambulance to hospital.

Praising the emergency services and the medical staff, he added: "They didn't mess around, they were absolutely first class."

Chao Ren VFP
ADDER.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 12:36:34 |Display all floors
The Adder is the only venomous snake native to the UK, I think...

Oddly, it's illegal to harm or kill them! Even if they bite your daughter :S

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-24 16:53:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Tremblingblue at 2011-4-24 12:36
The Adder is the only venomous snake native to the UK, I think...

Oddly, it's illegal to harm or kill them! Even if they bite your daughter :S

Yes you are right they are the only poisenous snake in UK but their bite is not as bad as some of the members on this forum

They are protected  (wildlife and countryside act)>>

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 17:13:26 |Display all floors

You

Originally posted by 1584austin at 2011-4-24 16:53

Yes you are right they are the only poisenous snake in UK but their bite is not as bad as some of the members on this forum

They are protected  (wildlife and countryside act)>>

C ...

You are among the most venemous serpents on this forum,S.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 19:32:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2011-4-24 17:13

You are among the most venemous serpents on this forum,S.

Evidence, proof nuff said

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.