Author: timbatu

BBC: India widows bludgeoned to death [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-21 18:18:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-20 06:49

I think its horrible.  It's just another prime example of violence towards women.

No men get killed to defend family honor to my knowledge.

it is not just against women... in fact its is the bad term (honor killing) to be used
there is nothing called honor killing in Indian society but is new term created by the media

I am the person from the same land where these cases occurs.... these are the normal killings based on the property and family matter

how can you think a brother can kill his another brother or sister just for the sake of their honor... after all we are also humans

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 18:30:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Indian_tiger at 2011-4-21 18:18

it is not just against women... in fact its is the bad term (honor killing) to be used
there is nothing called honor killing in Indian society but is new term created by the media

I am the  ...

Well maybe it was a mistake of the press?

He said he had killed the women to protect his "family's honour"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 18:33:55 |Display all floors
“We are of the opinion that this is wholly illegal and has to be ruthlessly stamped out. There is nothing honorable in honor killing or other atrocities and, in fact, it is nothing but barbaric and shameful murder,” India Supreme Court Justice Katju said. “Other atrocities in respect of personal lives of people committed by brutal, feudal-minded persons deserve harsh punishment.”

I'm not bashing india.  Criminal acts such as this are treated as criminal acts - that's a good thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 22:27:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-21 18:33
“We are of the opinion that this is wholly illegal and has to be ruthlessly stamped out. There is nothing honorable in honor killing or other atrocities and, in fact, it is nothing but barbaric an ...

-
JFenix, you are a profound snob and racist against the Indian people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 23:06:12 |Display all floors
How do you figure?  That statement you quoted was from the India Supreme Court Justice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.