Views: 3974|Replies: 8

Chinese Women's Standards on Men [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-19 17:19:59 |Display all floors
I was reading an article on New York Times, and an article came up on how Chinese women are increasingly expecting men to own real estate, or else they won't marry them. I find this quite depressing as it seems women are becoming more and more materialistic and morphing into golddiggers. Thoughts?

When I was reading this article, it linked to this blog website. It's quite funny and cool, actually. Check it out: http://chinapocalypse.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 23:38:10 |Display all floors
That is just sad. A person should love you for "you" not for what you have. It is not just Chinese women though, this is all over the world, there are always a few people who are just materialistic and only want to be with someone for what they have, but not for who they are. In the end, they will still not be loved though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 01:17:45 |Display all floors
It's a buyers market for chinese women.  With the gender imbalance, they can be picky.  They hold all the cards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 10:18:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 10:58:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xavierchan at 2011-4-19 17:19
I was reading an article on New York Times, and an article came up on how Chinese women are increasingly expecting men to own real estate, or else they won't marry them. I find this quite depressin ...

It's no more picky than Chinese men who demand wives who are young (under 30) and pretty.  Marriages in China are similar to prostitution:   pretty but souless women are lured to men with wealth and power, expecting to be showered with material goods in return for sex.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-22 02:36:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xavierchan at 19-4-2011 09:19
I was reading an article on New York Times, and an article came up on how Chinese women are increasingly expecting men to own real estate, or else they won't marry them. I find this quite depressin ...

I think the gold digger is a mainly capitalist creation...
When all you see of the West is rap stars and business men, I'm not surprised by Eastern expectations. It is very sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-22 10:05:47 |Display all floors
Unfortunatly i experienced the same most of shanghai girls are gold diggers.
My last girl friend from shanghai which i had a long distance relationship with told me that its impossible to stay with if i couldnt satisfy her materalistic needs and im speaking about buying an appartment in SH, ( costs about 700.000$) even though i believe she loved me. I am a chinese born in europe 23 she was even 2 years older than me, so i am not the typical rich old guy. Maybe i am too naive but i always thought that love and happines should be more than enough in a relationship but for her and her friends its all about money. Shanghai girls really like to compare their presents ( which they go from their boyfriends) so this competition never stops. I mean i am not poor i bought her a lot brand stuff, paid for everything treated her very well but still they always want more and if they cant get it they dumb you....... we were together for 7 months wasted a lot of my energy,time, respect for chinese women and money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.