Author: Tremblingblue

Racism and Extremism on CD [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-20 03:41:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 19-4-2011 09:05

Hmmm, as of writing, your government (representing you anglos to the rest of the world) and that of France and US of A ARE ACTIVELY TARGETING "the Libyan people".  The US of  ...

Tell me, was there a country-wide vote for action in Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya?

Actually, no need to tell me, because the answer is no.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 03:42:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 19-4-2011 09:13
To known them is to HATE them.

^ There we go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 03:47:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 19-4-2011 12:53

And the other party? Do not deserve a single reprimand???

I think anybody directing filth and anger at any race, religion or culture should face consequences.

Even I've fallen into the trap of generalisation, because these anti-anglo comments have annoyed me so much. I don't think I'm right for that either.

But it should be admitted that the majority of forum posts on here direct anger and prejudice towards the white English speaking community.It preaches hate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 03:49:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 19-4-2011 17:04

To produce almost a whole article on a simple typo has exposed snake as a journalist - for a subversive paper no doubt. And my guess is the lowly SCMP in Hong Kong.

Says the person who brought up my argument with a troll as some sort of viable argument against this thread. Well done, sir.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 03:52:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnno23 at 19-4-2011 05:00
I find it a sad fact that in a place where some are just internet trolls that suck in others to an argument not worth debate.
Your initial posting I thought was excellent and I found it disappoint ...

But that did diffuse him. I apologise for arguing with him, but people like that are just very annoying and not worth any debate or thought beyond swiftly shutting him up.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-4-20 11:16:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Tremblingblue at 2011-4-19 09:54
Quite a large amount of this forum seems to be filled up with Anglo-phobic and extremist rhetoric. The majority of this comes from Mechanic, Petera, and Kongque who claim to take a middle ground &q ...

Thanks  Tremblingblue to tell truth.It gradually bocoming a nasty places.Still these people say "anglo"  "laowei"  "heigui"   " alibaba" prove that the lacking of manners are still in low level.Its not shiny like beautiful buildings in Shanghai,Beijing,Guangzhou.Let them stay in garbage bin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 17:07:26 |Display all floors
There are plenty of foreigners that are rude, loud, complain all the time and generally do little to make others like them.
Now I could go on a rant and say how bad and swear about them but doing so makes me equally as irritating loud and rude.
I have experienced sitting in a taxi and the driver speaks no English.... hey this is China so I need to be prepared as I am the stranger here. I get someone to right down where I want  to go in Chinese and the problem is solved. But I have heard another from Sweden ranting swearing and generally creating an elephant from a mouse telling me how they could not talk to the driver of the cab. ???  In all honesty I am brought to my knees with laughter at such stupidity that they do not get someone to write it down for them..
On the other hand I am also pissed off how some Chinese look at my wife who is from Beijing and start swearing. ?
They have assumed I am rich and she is bad..... truth is she earned better money in Beijing working for an international company than I did working in Holland. We both gave up everything to be together and still some idiots both Chinese and Foreign think the same thing.They do not know but think they know. Big difference between thinking and knowing.
Anyways my overall experience of China and its people is one of wonder and appreciation.
I am just astounded that here in a forum where I had hoped to learn a better understanding a few have learnt to speak English well and use it to prove they are just as ignorant and stupid as many of the foreigners they criticize.
T.Blue made a point that many understand to be true and I reacted with a post and my opinion. That we did not see eye to eye on a point is not an issue. That we can discuss a difference of opinion without insulting each other is what is important.
I shall give the forums a little more time but at this moment in time I do not really see any benefit. Just too much anger in many of the topics I have read.
wanting more is easy but to realize what I already have is more important.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.