Author: Tremblingblue

Racism and Extremism on CD [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-19 11:20:30 |Display all floors
The beauty of a forum and debate is that we have the ability to ignore something if we feel it to be unreasonable. we also have the option to reply and try to offer some logical argument to diffuse a misplaced idea or argument.
By calling people out by name is not clever or helpful and is just as negative as those remarks you may wish to confront.
Calling people out by name demands a response that will in almost all cases be defensive which means no real result or progress is ever made.
Whilst some posts I find offensive I find that the attitude is so much the same old ----e that the very people that are being ridiculed is no different than those offering the ridicule.
I read at least 1000 posts to 1 post I might make but i find that too often many topics become little more than a tit for tat session.
Whilst the original sentiment in the first post of this thread was good in that a forum as this could show and demonstrate the values and strengths of its members and China as a whole the last response above me is a degeneration once again to childishness.

You know nothing about me. China Daily is sold in the UK and I don't need to move to China, even though my salary would be higher than yours if I did. How unfortunate for you.

What does that mean?
How much do you know of the other person? So you live in the UK, I am British and happily married with a Chinese woman for almost 12 years and live here in China.
You assume your salary to be higher than that of those you attacked by name ?? I have no idea what they or you earn it is irrelevant and the parting shot of "how unfortunate for you" makes no sense no argument and certainly not worth debate ???

[ Last edited by johnno23 at 2011-4-19 11:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 11:55:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnno23 at 19-4-2011 03:20
The beauty of a forum and debate is that we have the ability to ignore something if we feel it to be unreasonable. we also have the option to reply and try to offer some logical argument to diffuse ...

That's your opinion. But there is opinion, and then there's something else. If you actively target a people, how is that reasonable? An area that broad with many different people, associations, opinions...according to the noted users, they are ALL belligerent imperialists who somehow deserve to be punished. Further more, they're trying to base this belief on facts. Facts that are questionable to say the least. It is bigoted hate mongering, and I do not see how you expect any weaker minded individual to look at that and form an opinion which is far more extreme than it should be given the circumstances. Demonising an entire race/culture is a BIT more than questionable, don't you think?

And as for my other comment, if he (I haven't seen him on here before) wants to talk about my work or education then he can have the same back. Why are you following this up with me? It has nothing to do with where he is, it has to do with who I perceive him as - a total f*cking idiot. I too am with a Chinese woman but we live in the UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 11:57:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnno23 at 19-4-2011 03:20
The beauty of a forum and debate is that we have the ability to ignore something if we feel it to be unreasonable. we also have the option to reply and try to offer some logical argument to diffuse ...

That's your opinion. But there is opinion, and then there's something else. If you actively target a people, how is that reasonable? An area that broad with many different people, associations, opinions...according to the noted users, they are ALL belligerent imperialists who somehow deserve to be punished. Further more, they're trying to base this belief on facts. Facts that are questionable to say the least. It is bigoted hate mongering, and I do not see how you expect any weaker minded individual to look at that and form an opinion which is far more extreme than it should be given the circumstances. Demonising an entire race/culture is a BIT more than questionable, don't you think?

And as for my other comment, if he (I haven't seen him on here before) wants to talk about my work or education then he can have the same back. Why are you following this up with me? It has nothing to do with where he is, it has to do with who I perceive him as - a total f*cking idiot who I don't want a debate with (did it look like he wanted one??). I too am with a Chinese woman but we live in the UK, congratulations to us both.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-19 12:54:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Tremblingblue at 2011-4-19 11:57

That's your opinion. But there is opinion, and then there's something else. If you actively target a people, how is that reasonable? An area that broad with many different people, associations, ...

Well said Trembler

Stinking trash Mechanic  Magnet and peterd should be banned

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 13:00:59 |Display all floors
I find it a sad fact that in a place where some are just internet trolls that suck in others to an argument not worth debate.
Your initial posting I thought was excellent and I found it disappointing that you you lowered yourself to their level.
The best way to defuse an idiot is to ignore them. If no one reacts then they are merely talking to themselves.
wanting more is easy but to realize what I already have is more important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 14:58:27 |Display all floors
at lease i'm not a competent pro-China forumite cause i also say the dark side of China as a Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 16:58:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.