Author: 468259058

China's foreign reserves exceeded $3 trillion [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-17 13:37:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-4-15 17:01
China's foreign reserves exceeded $3 trillion

That is a lot of money.

China could buy 1,000 aircraft carriers at a cost of 3 billion dollars per every aircraft carrier.

How come the Chinese government did not even buy one single aircraft carrier,  when China has enough money to buy 1,000 aircraft carriers.

The Chinese leaders are obviously weak and corrupt.   

The Chinese leaders are kowtowing to the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-17 15:17:29 |Display all floors
How come the Chinese government did not even buy one single aircraft carrier,  when China has enough money to buy 1,000 aircraft carriers.

Because they'd rather develop the technology themselves to not be dependant on foreign technologies?
I mean, if you buy a, say, American carrier, you probably won't be able to buy any spare parts in case of political disruptions...

The Chinese leaders are kowtowing to the West.

But the west, on the other hand, brings trillions of capital and lots of technology to China.
The Chinese government's strategy is: kowtow to the West 50 years, be a powerful nations another 5000 years. And it seems to work.
I hope that by 2050, China will be a western country too - with the same living standard, the same innovativity and the same sense for responsibility. Looking at the past 20 years, I'm optimistic that this will happen - and another billion people push mankind forward.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-17 16:00:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 08:22:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-4-17 15:17

Because they'd rather develop the technology themselves to not be dependant on foreign technologies?
I mean, if you buy a, say, American carrier, you probably won't be able to buy any spare pa ...

It is not going to take that long for China to catch up with Western living standards.

It will probably happen before 2025,  depending on what you mean by Western living standards.

Do Hong Kong and Tai Wan have western living standards?

I mean,   China should attain the same living standards as Hong Kong and Tai Wan within 10 years from now.

Or do you mean living standards like Japan or England,  France,  Germany?    That would take a little bit longer.

But the point is,  that because China has 5 times the population of the US,  when China attains the same standard of living as Tai Wan,  China will have a GDP which will be 3 times bigger than the GDP of the US.

The real GDP of China should be 3 times bigger than the GDP of the US within 10 years from now.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-20 10:33:37 |Display all floors

Is there any scientific research magazine in Mainland China now?

And then why don't Chinese don't inevest the improvement of science, invention, and the innovation in Chinese east coastal area?

Huge numbers of farmers went into the manufacture industry and the following improvement of productivity took place in the manufacturing industry. Now the labor cost is higher than many of the rest of Asian countries, and few of potential farmers are avaible for manufacturing any more now. Productivity is not rising fast as the past when it research a threshhold.
China can copy the technologies from the western countries in the past when China was far lag behind of the leading countries. Now many approaching leading technologies are adopted in China.
So many people worrieid abou the middle trap in the future.

U.S. dollar would go down in the long time future.
Many economists and Chinese experts said so, but China still invested heavily in many government loans around the world.

And then why don't China invest these huge amount of money in the fundamental scientific research and education, in attractting world talent to do research in China.

How to nurture a sustainable growth of Chinese economy?  

I think nurturing the the ability of innovation right now is one of contribution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 10:47:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-4-17 15:17
I mean, if you buy a, say, American carrier, you probably won't be able to buy any spare parts in case of political disruptions......

hehe..Probably yes. I think Chinese government did a right choice.

It's  important to develop the technology and trainning the leading Chinese professionals in the whole shipbuilding industry by building the aricrafts.

Aircraft -----
special motors research and production
special steels research and production
special ....

later many parts of the technology could be used in other types of shipbuildings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 10:56:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by khonchin at 2011-4-19 08:22
It is not going to take that long for China to catch up with Western living standards.

It will probably happen before 2025,  depending on what you mean by Western living standards.

2025???? 15 years later??

Now 1 in 10 Chinese still live under RMB150 a month. How could China get a good living as the Western countries?

Another Great Leap Forward????/

Looking at Japanese economy boom and and South Korean economy boom in the past 50 years, China probably would have a lower growth rate in the future than the past 30 years.

15 years later, would the richest Chinese provinces, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Guangdong would reach the same living standards of  Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan?

I don't believe it so far.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.