Author: 468259058

20 years passed, 1 in 1,000 Mainland Chinese would get U.S.A green card [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-10 08:06:33 |Display all floors

How can U.S.A attract so many Mainland Chinese talents?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-10 08:08:57 |Display all floors
The next U.S.A ambassador in China is a Chinese American.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-10 11:05:44 |Display all floors
US Visa Bulletin: Modern Racism, Fear and Closeness

American immigration policies are one of the great examples of her closeness and institutionalized racism. Many Americans believe their nation is open. They even mistake China as the side restricting immigrants and exchange students to the US. The reality is that the US policies institutionally favour people from majority White-race nations.

Countries like China are given the same immigration quota as tiny nations like Iceland, or Switzerland, or Lithuania, or Holland or Belgium. Imagine - China with 1.3 billion people is given the same number of allowable immigrants as Lithuania. Chinese and Indians are singled out. Because they have a lot more people naturally, the Chinese and Indian are not allowed to apply for residency and citizenship for 5 or more years. Anyone from a mostly Caucasian nation, from the UK, Sweden to Australia, is not subject under the same ban or curtail.

This institutionalized close-door policy is the US Visa Bulletin. Do a search on the US Visa Bulletin yourself. I think the unfair close-door policy is a shame, just like the profound racism in US culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-10 14:43:35 |Display all floors
The present number 1 richest Chinese, Zong Houqing, aslo got a U.S.A green card a few years ago.

The richest Chines is also a National Congress member of China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-10 21:37:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-4-10 19:28

I think you are misrepresenting the U.S. American constitutional spirit again, miser!

They set a noble goal of preserving China's social, ethnic and political integrity at the expense of ti ...

-
You just made my point.,

The US Visa Bulletin targets the Chinese people. It creates difficulties and human suffering for the Chinese people.

The Chinese CPC government is a net beneficiary.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-10 21:49:03 |Display all floors

"Red" card

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-4-9 22:08
Every year 60,000 ~80,000 mainland Chinese got the green card from 2000 to 2009.

Maybe China should start issuing "Red cards" to Americans coming here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 01:03:08 |Display all floors
By draining as many talented Switzers or Lithuanians to the U.S. of A. they are keeping the Chinese ethnic element on par.

Currently, the migration actually goes into the other directions, at least in the case of Switzerland where salaries are higher than in the US. That leads to annoying problems like if I want to do master in Switzerland, I even have to proof speaking english at level C2 because many professors don't speak German or French -.- Nearly half of the university teachers here are already of foreign descend...

Anyway, there are also advantages - for instance, you're forced to practice english^^

Back to topic:
Chinese are since nearly 10 years the biggest group of migrants coming to OECD countries - in total, there are nearly 830.000 Chinese moving to western countries every year - half of them (440.000) are, however, students. And these 830.000 include those who move back!

So I wouldn't say that Chinese are treated inequally - there are just so many Chinese who want to move abroad that it would be unfair to other nations if they all could... Imagine Europe allows all Chinese who want to migrant to come - its population would grow so fast that there would be no way to build infrastructure fast enough!

I guess western governments are playing on time, hoping that when China develops more, more Chinese will also return (a development that is already happening!), so then the overall amount of people would not grow so fast (some are coming, some are going).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.