Author: 468259058

Why did the Children of Chinese leaders, Deng & Jiang go to study In U.S.A? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-12 19:15:49 |Display all floors
To know how your enemy works.

Or because they've got really good and comperatively easy to access universities in the USA while Chinese universities do not have such a strong intellectual gravity yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 20:04:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-4-8 21:47
Why didn't the children of U.S.A politicians come to study in Mainland China?

I am looking for a school in china.  My son wants to study there so he can really learn to speak chinese.  He's only in his first year of chinese but he's been doing well so far.  He is also wanting to further his study of kung fu in china (big dream).  His ultimate goal is to have his own kung fu school.  

Do you know of any programs?  I know that china has been sponsoring programs within the US to learn mandarin, but do they sponsor anything within china for foreign students?  Where could I find this information?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-12 20:09:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-4-12 19:56

1. Do the children of Japanese number 1 government leaders, of the Singapore government leaders, of South Korea government leaders go to study in U.S.A too?
Copy code

I don't know about Singapore but the children of Japan's political leaders inherit the constituency from their fathers (since after WWII). They don't have to study abroad. Just contrary, studying abroad is considered an obstacle for high government offices (examples: Ishihara, Abe, Fukuda, Aso, Oguchi, Ohira etc.  - the list can go on and on).

SK - I'm not sure but it's considered East Asia's cradle of co.rr.upt.ion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 20:31:34 |Display all floors
I remember when President H u was making speech at Yale, he said if he were young he would also like to have a chance to study there (something like that). I was touched by his words. It shows our leaders (at least Hu) really have open mind and heart.

If they themselves wished to study there, why not allow their kids to?

Studying in the West doesn't mean we copy things from them, but to learn more from them to buid our own country better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 20:33:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-4-12 20:31
I remember when President H u was making speech at Yale, he said if he were young he would also like to have a chance to study there (something like that). I was touched by his words. It shows our  ...

We all have things to learn from each other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 23:35:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-4-8 21:47
Why didn't the children of U.S.A politicians come to study in Mainland China?

none, except terrorist/politician tiny timothy geitner

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 23:37:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-4-12 18:56
Do the children of Japanese number 1 government leaders, of the Singapore government leaders, of South Korea government leaders go to study in U.S.A too?

You know that Singaporean leaders mostly graduated from USA and UK?

Also the Japanese and Koreans.

So what's your point?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.