Author: cindy1225

China's first aircraft carrier [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-25 06:38:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2011-4-8 14:06

Due to various reasons, "Varyag", the first aircraft carrier would not be used in operation but as a training platform for Chinese naval to learn about the weapons, communications, comm ...

Nope, the deal was, with Russia, that vessel cannot ever be militarised. Now lotsa you folks wish China has /N's. Go ahead, you can''t use 'em! Lacka training!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 06:39:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-4-14 13:29
attack helicopter?

hmmmmm

still waiting for J-XX, now that we know "Osprey" works - we can copy that aircraft- efficient use of space of flat tops!
there was a day, when USAF said  ...

Yeah, and I still won't fly in the V-22. (Osprey)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 13:37:12 |Display all floors

Reply #37 exportedkiwi's post

American technological magazines that i read in the 1980's used to say that the TILT ROTOR turbo prop was NOT plausible because the trouble with weakness in the wing fusilage.

So, they have solved in by 2008, when they introduced the OSPREY v.22.
does v.22 meant the "22nd prototype"?

Wah! It must be very difficult engineering challenge!

ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-29 12:50:09 |Display all floors

Shi lang? You mean we've already assigned it a name?

[swfhttp://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/asia-pacific/china/110427/chinas-new-aircraft-carrier-whats-name][/swf]

Damn... The speculation from back was that it will be known as the 081 Mao Zhedong.

If I have anything to do with it, I'd add a bit of humor to it. I'd name it the USS Starship Enterprise .

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-29 13:19:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-4-24 14:38

Nope, the deal was, with Russia, that vessel cannot ever be militarised. Now lotsa you folks wish China has /N's. Go ahead, you can''t use 'em! Lacka training!

Why then had the Chinese invested so much money into the vessel, armed it to the teeth with HQ-9's; the best of phased array radar; gatling guns to neutralize torpedoes; J-15's; some sources even suggested platforms for ballistic missiles; the works; if red tape dictates that it can't again, ever, be turned into a platform for the projection of naval air power? I mean you must think we Chinese are stupid or something. Seriously, had you, had any of you guys, as much as had a glimpse into what the provisions are during inking of the sales agreement?

For the Chinese to invest so heavily into the Varyag, the telltale signs has to mean that there are ways around the clauses of the agreement.  I suspect that if the contents of the agreement are that domestic Chinese parts and technologies are not tied into the agreement. I suspect the Ukraine must have thought that we Chinese are technically incapable of bringing the Varyag back to life if without any technology transfers.  They probably never have guess that China was able to aster the art on her own.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-29 13:24:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-4-24 14:39

Yeah, and I still won't fly in the V-22. (Osprey)

The V-22 Osprey, essentially, in my book is a Caterpillar Backhoe on a set of wings. It's unlikely a very efficient system. Waste of money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-30 12:22:07 |Display all floors

Reply #41 edisonone's post

The Osprey is critical for DEEP PENETRATING amphibious assault purpose.

It increases the capability of MARINES capability.
Checking on the published figures, it's surprisingly good versatile vehicle.
However the freight capacity is lesser compared to fixed wing - which need a larger "flat top".

So, it really depends on the NEED of the amphibious assault battle group.
What is envisioned in China for the next ten years.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.