Author: cindy1225

China's first aircraft carrier [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-13 12:53:05 |Display all floors

Oh! Watch also the Europeans - German, French

.......and the Japanese, Russians!

Of course the US military-industrial complex as well!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 13:05:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allperils at 2011-4-12 05:26
The difference between China and most other countries is, once China figures out precisely how to build something, she can replicate and build many in a very short period of time.

I wouldn't be  ...

I perceive that what will be happening with China is that, eventually, that the philosophy in surface naval assets is one where both the carrier as well as the destroyer as we know it today will be no more -- obsolete that is...  

I foresee a totally new concept of naval applications happening, one where the carrier and the destroyer will be merged and/or fused into one as a totally new and deadly weapons system...

I foresee state of the arts jet fighters (12 to a boat) taking off and landing from these distinct and revolutionary new concepts...

I also envision these boats to be employed as ballistic and cruise missile launching platform as that of the Aegis's...

These boats will also have hangers for (or act as mother ship for) up to 12 Chinese 022 type FAC's which will serve as parts of the boats standard defense system replacing that of the frigates and destroyers which accompanies carriers now days...

Here's, I'm not looking at the 60 Varyag class carriers no more. Here, what I am looking at is a flotilla of a totally new and distinct weapon systems... a weapons system with numbers which will rival those of Zhang he's 3500 flotilla.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 13:13:15 |Display all floors

Reply #29 edisonone's post

Looks more logical - with UAV's too!

With minituarization of electronics, it's possible of ships of 1,500 to 10,000 tonnes to function.
Stealth ships - probably the heavier end - with ASAT, ASM, cruise missile, and anti submarine vessels to protect it.
It's more cost effective.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 13:14:40 |Display all floors

Maybe China might need the OSprey too!

At least to do "refueller" UAV's, J-XX jets, and become EYE IN THE SKY plane too!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 13:20:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2011-4-12 05:34

AGREED, that's WHY other nations are afraid of the chinese's (follow up) coz the chinese will xfer the techonology to become affordable to others as well  

And, characteristically with the Chinese, they won't settle for a Hyndai or a Kia...  They will turn that Hyudai or Kia into a Mercede Sportster or a BM even if they need to empty their bank account to do it or they won't want that Kia at all. What's in the tiny Varyag thus, my opinion, is dead serious stuffs...  I'd bet that as small as it is that it is comparable or equivalent, in area of seriousness, to that of the seriousness every Ronald Reagan and of every George Bush...  I mean how many super-smart DF-21D or like weapon does it take to knock a super carrier out of commission?  One is all it take my opiniomn.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 13:30:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-4-12 21:14
At least to do "refueller" UAV's, J-XX jets, and become EYE IN THE SKY plane too!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

The Z-10 is fast, heavily armored, deadly package, also serves as a rescue and intel unit.

These newer destroy-flat-deck half breed surface weapon system will not have fuel ships alongside them as we know it today. These boats will be either nukes or, if refueling are required, it will be refueled by stealthy under water refueling systems  .

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2011-4-12 09:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 13:29:26 |Display all floors

Reply #34 edisonone's post

attack helicopter?

hmmmmm

still waiting for J-XX, now that we know "Osprey" works - we can copy that aircraft- efficient use of space of flat tops!
there was a day, when USAF said - tilt turbo props couldn't work due to weak wing construction technology - looks like that's solved!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.