Author: cindy1225

China's first aircraft carrier [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-10 07:23:54 |Display all floors

China's first aircraft carrier

We can be confident that when the first working model  makes it's appearance  that a host of new models will begin rolling off of the assembly lines; they are probably already in very advanced stages of construction. IIt can't happen too soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-10 11:03:09 |Display all floors

These initially "Admiral Kuznetsov class multirole aircraft carriers" are sleek, probably very very fast and powerful (depending on engine of course), and, given China's hand in it, "replicas can be had at pretty cheap". In other words: for the cost of a super carrier as the USS George Bush or Ronald Reagan, "if based on Chinese labor and material discounts", my calculations is that up to four Admiral Kuznetsov class carriers can be had for China..

Medium sized carriers as the Admiral Kuznetsov, by me, are also the most efficient and most sensible boats to field for any navy because, in times of dire hostility, "for every super sized carrier as a single and concentrate targeted, as many as  four or even six Admiral Kuznetsov sized carriers which is dispersed throughout the Pacific will have to be taken out if it would be an equivalent match. So which or who have the upper hand and more the advantage?   

I expect for China to eventually field up to 60 or more of these carriers by the 2040-2050 time frame with 4 destroyers and frigates plus 2  supply and support ships as a battle group. This does not include subs which would likely be kept secret. Already, two such hulls are already said to be spotted by US intelligence and the launch time assessments given is that one is to be launched in 2013 while the other 2015 thereabouts. This is based on western guesstimates of course therefore no crap by me.  However accurate this info is, time will tell.

Now, how is the above possible you ask? Mass production! You have the hulls at the ready as everything other section of the boat is being banged together elsewhere" in modularized forms". And when these sections are ready, it gets barged to the yard where the hulls sits waiting and these sections gets welded into place.  This allow for quick turn over of complete boats in the shortest of time.  Nut? We'll see!

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 13:06:48 |Display all floors

Reply #23 edisonone's post

don't need so many aircraft carrier, Mr. edison!

Aircraft range now is about 1,000km, and up to 1,500km with refuellers!
China has "understanding" with many oversea's bases - don't need to spend so much for amphibious assault vessels unless China wants to "conquer" foreign states?

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 21:26:13 |Display all floors

Read my reply

The difference between China and most other countries is, once China figures out precisely how to build something, she can replicate and build many in a very short period of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if China had a dozen aircraft carriers in a decade.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 21:34:07 |Display all floors

manpower and willingness...

Originally posted by allperils at 2011-4-12 05:26
The difference between China and most other countries is, once China figures out precisely how to build something, she can replicate and build many in a very short period of time.

I wouldn't be  ...

AGREED, that's WHY other nations are afraid of the chinese's (follow up) coz the chinese will xfer the techonology to become affordable to others as well  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 12:29:47 |Display all floors

Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-4-11 21:06
don't need so many aircraft carrier, Mr. edison!

When 鄭和 ruled
the waves, he had well over 3500
boats or so it goes.

So, what's to keep [modern   kuminist   China]
from achieving the same result and with 2% of that total naval asset of roughly 3500 boats
being state of the arts jet fighter launching platforms?

Flash: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/MD13Ad03.html
Flash: http://english.people.com.cn/90001/98705/100621/7342090.html

[Size=-4]Incidentally, I've never dwell into the story of  鄭和 really
that much in the past but, it's refreshing to known that [armchair generals] is in the genes, meaning while he (鄭和/馬三寶)
runs a fleet of 3000 boats, I, 馬 [ Wyndah ] runs the Internets here.

Now, if it's up to me, I'll not
only want 60 flat decks for my navy, I would instead want a minimum
of up to 200 of such vessels.  

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-13 12:51:39 |Display all floors

Reply #25 allperils's post

The game of the next BROTHER NO.1 technologies is not aircraft carriers!

ha ha ha

It's EXOSKELETON, it's FUEL CELL, it's SPACE STATION, it's MOON BASE "construction site", it's AGRICULTURE ROBOTICS to prevent US style of "gourmet food hollowing out, making it food stressed even if it's a vast state", it's NEXT GENERATION ENERGY "this include the INJECTION TECHNOLOGIES" being work by the British - probably they intend to pump in CONCENTRATED ALGAE, WATER to create more gas or oil, hypersonic aircraft, deep dive craft.........ETC.

cheerios!

Watch the BRITISH, they are doing all the leading edge technologies!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.