Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-8 16:08:42 |Display all floors

It does not need to go far

All you need is gas to Taiwan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 23:49:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-4-7 21:39
Cindy!

Is that "anti torpedo" nets around the aircraft carrier "Varyag".
What's the China code for this ship?

I think China need to build the J-XX to fit with the aircraf ...

My Dear Mr. GreenDraken,

Damn!!! You might be right and
me dead wrong,... I mean indeed, where there's
smoke, there has to be  "FIRE"!

Now, although it isn't made official yet, however, my opinion is this: they have
no need to mislead us or lead us towards the direction... Additionally, with the J-20 already up and
running, I don't see any need for enthusiasts to come up with such BS either ...

I see the following as an actual design
configuration
leaking from one of the major design bureaus and that
the wordings "内蒙 试飞" is a dead give away...

The following, my opinion, would
amount to what are China's version of Boeing's VSTOL
JSF/F-35 class
of ship born fighter...

I think this baby is indeed in the works and it likely will debut in within a year or so.
Flash: http://www.wforum.com/news/china/newsViewer.php?nid=28671&id=37503&nlink=  This headline:... 垂直起降战机
“歼-18” "内蒙 试飞" is a telltale sign that something is brewing behind closed doors...

Additionally, more surprise: could this be the so talked about J-15? a new
specimen   Flash: http://junshi.daqi.com/bbs/00/3096531.html  has been spotted by satellite. Or is it some-
-thing totally distinct? The black skin tells us it's different from the J-15/J-11B.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-9 02:34:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-4-8 15:59

Varyag is an outdated Soviet Carrier refitted. Yes its more lilkely to be used as a training platform than a real war hulk.

China does not claim to have an artwork aircraft carrier soon now in its 1st specimen but it already serves to gain respect of its rivals

Just do not doubt that in coming years, new Chinese aircraft carriers will be among the best in the world as like any other manufactured product of the Chinese industry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-9 02:50:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2011-4-8 09:19 PM

My Dear Mr. GreenDraken,

Damn!!! You might be right and
me dead wrong,... I mean indeed, where there's
smoke, there has to be  "FIRE"!

Now, although it isn't made off ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-9 05:04:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-4-9 02:50

What are the aircraft ? will they have have business class?

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-9 05:09:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2011-4-7 22:06

Due to various reasons, "Varyag", the first aircraft carrier would not be used in operation but as a training platform...

Nonsense!

The term "training vessel" are only "word plays" that Beijing
had exploited to get the Americans to calm down and as a means of keeping the
Americans from bi*chin' and nagging at us as if an old Lady...  

Hell! When Beijing inked the purchase of the Varyag, the agreement stipulates that Beijing
won't turn it into warship again. Beijing probably nullified the agreement by exploiting the words "training vessel"... a clever use of
words (or holes in the agreement) that Beijing had exploited for her to get around that bind.

The common denominators, and the variables here which
clearly says that the Varyag is not only a war fighting system but that it is in fact
a major asset of the PLA-N's war fighting ability is as follow:.

- the huge numbers of sleek and shiny 052 and 054 Aegis type destroyers ad frigates that Beijing is hushing
- the brand new front of the line jet fighter, i.e., the J-15, possibly a naval version of the J-10 (J-10B?), the JL-15
- the HQ-9's batteries stations spotted all around the boat
- the anti-submarine warfare amenities, and...
- the top of the line Chinese phased array radars installed on the Varyag plus many more features

All of these idicators tells or signifies to us that the Varyag means business!!!

The way I read it, the Varyag may only be half of
the USS Ronald Reagon's size, but the tech and the weapons in it make equally
a deadly proposition as that of the Ronald Reagon.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2011-4-8 01:31 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-9 06:20:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-4-7 23:59

Varyag is an outdated Soviet Carrier refitted. Yes its more lilkely to be used as a training platform than a real war hulk.

The rusty hull that China bought from the Ukrane was indeed an outdated item. In fact, the Varyag wasn't even anything at the time of its purchase. The refurbishing Beijing did to it, however, probably turned it into a first class and state of the arts weapon's system equal to and in par with that of the Chinese 052 and 054 Aegis systems -- very very or extremely advance that is .

Unlike the Vikrant which comes in whole, we bought the Varyag as an empty hull. This enables us to incorporate anything we wanted into it.The transformation would amount to the same as the buying up of an old and run down piece of property; tear down the building; put in a new foundation, then the frame, the shell, and then all of the finest of appointments that one's heart desires.

So, stop tying to compare your Vikran to that of China's Varag because it's apples and oranges and it's day and night.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.